|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2022|
|Reference:||Consultant, Rheumatologist (FMIC/HR/367)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) is a non-governmental tertiary hospital established in 2006 as the product of a unique four-way partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, and two private, international development organizations – La Chaine de l’Espoir (CDE) and Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN). It provides the people of Afghanistan with exemplary healthcare services at par with the best medical institutions in the region.
- Diagnosing and treating arthritis and other diseases of the joints, muscles, and bones.
- Conduct research to determine the causes and find better treatments for helping your patients fight and overcome disabling and often fatal diseases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Treating rheumatic conditions such as arthritis, back pain, and osteoporosis.
- Studying symptoms and evaluating effects on the immune system.
- Designing tailored treatment plans.
- Assessing joint-related conditions.
- Evaluating lab results and other advanced tests.
- Providing recommendations for treatments.
- Advising on further examinations.
- Creates treatment modalities based on scientific research
- Treats arthritis, autoimmune diseases, pain disorders affecting joints, and osteoporosis
- Treats over 200 other types of diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, lupus, gout, back pain, tendinitis, and osteoporosis
- Treats soft tissue problems related to musculoskeletal systems and sports related soft tissue disorders
- Diagnosing diseases of the joints
- Studies signs and symptoms of rheumatic disease and evaluates it effect on their system
- Designs customized and individualized treatments, depending on a patient's disease
- Studies and gauges the results of a patient's lab tests
- Uses technologies and tools like radiographs, MRIs, and ultrasound
- Adhere to laws and regulations of the FMIC Hospital
- Align with goals and objectives of department/ Organization.
- Record complete, timely and legible medical records.
- Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all FMIC rules and regulation.
- Take part in teaching and academic activities of Senior/Medical Officers regularly.
- Assure quality of care
- Assure continuity of care 24 Hours a day, 7 days a week
- Ensure to apply all IPSG standards and monitoring standards performing by team
- Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
- Any other tasks/assignment given by direct supervisor
- Conducting CMEs inside & outside of FMIC for sharing knowledge and information
- Participating in clinical forums and workshops
- Develop and maintain clinical pathways and protocols
Qualification and requirements:
- Medical Degree from a recognized university
- Internal Medicine Specialization
- Fellowship in Rheumatology
Knowledge and competencies (State skills, abilities & traits required):
- Excellent patient management skills and patient-oriented approach
- Be able to explain medical conditions to patients in clear and straightforward terms without medical jargon
- Ability to work under difficult working conditions
- Be a good team player
- Having good time management skill
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skill and good communication skill in Dari, Pashto and English languages
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Interested applicants should send their resume to the Human Resources Department, French Medical Institute for Children, Ali Abad, and Behind Kabul University or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. CVs are required to be covered with application letter also. Please mention the vacancy number as well as the position title on subject line.