|Date Posted:||Jun 2, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 12, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solution provider companies in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email Hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the biggest ICT firms in the country, NETLINKS currently employs more than 350 national and international staff members including a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS also has an office in India (Ahmedabad), As a 100% Afghan owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
The Content Developer and Translator will be responsible for development of training content as well as the overall translation of NETLINKS documents from English to Pashto/Dari and vice versa. He/she shall also do English to Pashto/Dari and Pashto/Dari to English interpretation in meetings and events too.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Translating documents and project materials from English into Pashto/Dari and vice versa, when required.
- Checking translations of technical terms and terminology to ensure they are accurate.
- Reviewing materials, i.e. legal documents, and scientific works, as well as editing them following established rules pertaining to factors such as word meanings, sentence structure, grammar, and punctuation.
- Compiling information such as technical terms used in legal settings.
- The translator must be able to write sentences that maintain or duplicate the structure, and style of the original meaning while keeping the ideas and facts of the original meaning accurate.
- Translators must properly transmit any cultural references, including slang, and other expressions that do not translate literally.
- The work involves engaging with government employees, therefore the translator must have ability to interpret from Dari/Pashto into English when required.
- The translator must have the ability and cultural understanding necessary to interpret in languages without changing the fundamental meaning of the message.
- Using specialist dictionaries, thesauruses and reference books to find the closest equivalents for legal terminology and words used.
- Write, review, edit, proofread and format official documentation and other related materials to ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency of documents.
- Participate in the meetings, take minutes and translate in English or Pashto/Dari if required.
- Attend the meetings of functional and technical team for getting informed about new updates of the system and develop the training kits accordingly as well translate them in local languages.
- File all translated documents properly in both hard and soft copy.
- Coordinate with concerned teams to develop learning objectives.
- Research and select relevant materials for content development based on learning objectives.
- Prepare Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs) with their relevant flow charts.
- Uploading the training materials to Electronic Performance Support System (EPSS).
- Develop and translate the training plans based or requirements.
- To translate labels of the system in PO edit files from English into Pashto/Dari.
- Review most relevant existing materials to develop detailed training content.
- Perform any other appropriate tasks that support the overall project, as assigned by the supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in literature or related field.
- At least two (2) years of experience as a translator/content development.
- Knowledge of terminologies in legal settings and/or extensive subject matter knowledge in this field.
- Ability to write and verbally communicate fluently in English, Dari and Pashto.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Email, Internet)
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively.