|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Oct 28, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
The responsibility of the writer to make sure the content is published in due time and in accordance with BMC policies and values
Duties & Responsibilities:
ïƒ˜ Research updated information (guidelines, reports, protocols) concerning health, political, education and cultural in Afghanistan.
ïƒ˜ Write articles according to editorial line defined for each topic.
ïƒ˜ Translate the articles in Dari and Pashto/ English.
ïƒ˜ Proofread the articles and adapt them to our target readers if needed.
ïƒ˜ Work on photos and illustration.
ïƒ˜ Manage the articles daily internal BMC newsletter, supervising the journalist who writes the contents.
Manage proofing of newsletter with partners
ïƒ˜ Follow the relationships with external consultants.
ïƒ˜ Supervise the activities of the journalist
ïƒ˜ Contribute to the writing of articles activities.
ïƒ˜ Represent BMC to officials and community
- To have a deep knowledge in Media and Afghan Press Policy
- Strong writing, reporting and editing skills--verifiable.
- To be fluent in English (written, spoken, read), in Dari and in Pashto.
- Experience in International Media Organizations or Afghan Association will be a plus.
- To be computer literate: Word, Excel (Photoshop and Coreldraw will be a plus).