|Date Posted:||May 11, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Procurement|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GoIRA and International Donors.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the Bamyan Firing Range Clearance Project, funded by New Zeeland and will be stationed at DMAC Headquarters, Kabul with some travels to the project site, Bamyan Province. The incumbent, in coordination with the DMAC Head of Administration Department, also reports to the Bamyan Firing Range Project Manager
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages and oversees the contract signed between DMAC & NZ Defence Force for coordination and quality management of the Bamyan Firing Range Clearance Project
- Assists the project manager, in monitoring of the contract awarded to the demining implementing partner to ensure the contractor will/are carrying out the work (i.e. staffing, equipment etc.) in accordance with the agreed project contract.
- Plans, manages and oversees the procurement activities related to the DMAC contract with NZDF in accordance with national procurement laws and regulations
- Coordinates/communicates the procurement activities related to the Bamyan FR clearance project with ANDMA, provides them with all the required documents.
- Identifies and maintains lists of preferred vendors and sources of supplies for goods and services in line with the procurement laws and policies.
- Researches and evaluates suppliers based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production, and distribution capabilities as well as the reputation and history
- Manages existing procurements through: tracking and developing internal filing systems to ensure all related documents are included in the respective files and make sure that access to information is easier as appropriate.
- Writes procurement reports for the related government agencies, donors and development partners.
- Evaluates and monitors contract performance to ensure compliance with contracted obligations; assist with clarifying contract requirements and resolving any conflicts.
- Assists the project manager with checking and confirming financial reports of the demining contractor prior to submitting it to donor.
- Provides regular updates on DMAC grant and other subcontracts to management, their respective project manager and donor, if needed.
- Undertakes any other task given by the project manager or DMAC’s head of administration department.
o Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with major in procurement, supply chain management, economics and any other related field, from a reputable university.
- Work Experience:
o Minimum five (05) years of working experience of which (03) years must be with the Government of Afghanistan, in the middle management level (Officer/Specialist), in the areas of procurement and contract management.
§ Received government procurement training.
§ Knows the procurement process of the Government of Afghanistan in detail.
- Ability to draft detailed reports
- Ability to negotiate with vendors and contractors.
- Ability to interact and establish relationship with key touch-points i.e. Ministry of Finance, ANDMA, NPA, and other players.
- Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members.
- Computer (MS Word, Excel and power point).
- Possesses good presentation skill.
- Good communication (written and oral) in both local languages and English.
- Having the capacity to lead and supervise a team of staff.