|Date Posted:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 - 14 Years|
|Contract Duration:||5 month(s)|
About Afghanistan Cricket Board:
Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) is the sole independent governing body for managing, organizing and development of Cricket (Men and Women) in Afghanistan. It was granted Affiliate Membership by the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2001, Associate Membership in 2013 and Full Membership in 2017.
Request for proposal
Reference: Call for proposal- Long Term Strategic Plan of ACB 2021-2031
Date: July 15, 2020
Afghanistan Cricket Board is inviting written proposals from individual Consultants for the work assignment described below.
To enable you to prepare a proposal for this assignment, please refer to Term of References below.
Your written proposal should comprise of:
(a) A Technical Proposal consisting of an up-to-date curriculum vitae, and an approach and methodology for the assignment, a work plan and comments on the Terms of Reference if any (in brief).
(b) A Financial proposal consisting of the amount to be charged for the assignment, which should be quoted in US dollars only.
Your proposal and any supporting documents must be in English. Afghanistan Cricket Board places great emphasis on ensuring that the objectives of the work assignment, as described in the Terms of Reference, are met. Accordingly, in evaluating the proposals for the assignment, attention will focus first and foremost on the technical elements.
From those proposals deemed suitable in terms of the criteria in the Terms of Reference, ACB shall select the proposals that offers the organization best value for money.
- Your proposal should be submitted by e-mail no later than close of Business (17:00) on 15th August 2020.
- It is the individual’s responsibility to ensure that his/her proposal is received by the deadline.
- Thank you for your interest in this ACB assignment; and we look forward to receiving your proposal.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Purpose of the Assignment:
Within the framework of this project, ACB is seeking professional services of a senior-level strategy Consultant to act as an Expert in Strategic Planning and support the work of ACB. The Consultant is expected to provide project leadership and thematic expertise.
Afghanistan Cricket Board (ACB) is planning to devise a long term strategic plan for ACB from 2021 to 2031. ACB plans to hire a consultant who has experience in developing strategies in sport industries. It will be preferable if the consultant has experience in developing long term strategic plans in Asian Countries.
The main focus of the plan will be:
• Cricket Development
• Fans Engagement & Participation
• Women & Girls Cricket Development
• Grass roots and Pathways Framework
• Infrastructure Development
• Corporate Governance & Administration
• Financial Sustainability & Business Development
- Develop a strong strategic planning process that effectively enables the ACB to achieve short term and long term objectives.
- Lead research and surveys all over Afghanistan with the help of ACB team.
- Identify State and Status of Afghanistan cricket.
- Develop high level of discipline mechanism and result-oriented management process which results in strong sense of responsibility and accountability for ACB Administration.
- High performance development plan for both Domestic & International cricket.
- Study and understand cases and develop plans for team and players.
- Issues with the team specifically
- Issues with the high performance system in general.
- Develop a grass root plan for inspiring generations of women & girls cricket in Afghanistan.
- Develop a standard process of players’ selection and transition phases.
- Strategy for qualification to ICC Events (World Cups & Test Championship).
- Establish mechanisms to improve the Game Development.
- Develop and explore ways to turn cricket into a business industry in Afghanistan providing career opportunity for general public.
- Antonym of cricket regions within Afghanistan for sustainable corporate governance.
- Infrastructure development (build & upgrade cricket facilities equipped with latest technology).
- Capacity development programs for Technical and Administrative Staff.
- Business development plan for financial sustainability of cricket in Afghanistan.
- Develop concept for better syndication of media rights.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the formation and evaluation of corporate growth strategies.
- Any other related task required for doing the assignment.
Timetable and deliverables
The Consultant is expected to deliver the following major outputs:
Deliverables 1- Research, Studies and Surveys on the current status of Cricket all over Afghanistan by 15 October 2020
- Fans Engagement
- Infrastructure Development
- High performance status for both Domestic & International cricket
- Women Cricket
- Game Development
- Financial and Commercial
Deliverable 2- Preparing the 1st Draft of Strategic Plan by 15th December 2020
Deliverable 3- Submission of the final version of the Long Term Strategic Plan by 31st December 2020
- The interested consultant must have 08 (eight) years of experience in development of Long Term Strategic plan for Sport industries.
- Demonstrated knowledge in innovation at the institution level
- Proven track-record in designing tools for Strategic Plan
- Stakeholder analysis and capacity development
- Willingness to work closely with the ACB Team based in Kabul as required
- Deliver as a team, each with unique and distinct contributions
- Ability to provide high-quality expertise in content development, critical review of the project
- Ability to analyze complex issues or develop new methods and/or approaches, which require identification and in-depth examination of technical factors.
- Ability to provide solutions to technical problems or formulate proposal for intervention.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
Candidate with existing unresolved dispute with ACB or any other ICC or Member Countries, on a point of law or fact shall be ineligible to participate in the submission of Proposal.
The project should be completed within 05 months.
Criteria for Selection of the Best Offer
Submissions will be evaluated in consideration of the evaluation criteria as stated below:
The offer will be evaluated by using the Best value for money approach (combined scoring method). Technical proposal will be evaluated on 70% whereas the financial one will be evaluated on 30%.
Below is the breakdown of technical proposal on 100% which will be brought to 70%:
Postgraduate degree in public administration, research, business administration, public policy, sport sciences or related fields (20%)
At least five year experience in development of strategic plan (20%)
Evidence of research work and writing of strategic plans (20%)
At least one Strategic plans developed for sport industry (20%)
Excellent report writing, editing and communication skills in English (20%)
The consultant shall be paid the consultancy fee upon completion of the following milestones.
- 35% after submission of Research and Surveys on the Current Status of Cricket all over Afghanistan.
- 35% after preparing the 1st draft of Long Term Strategic Plan of ACB.
- 30% after submission and acceptance of final version of Long Term Strategic Plan of ACB.
- ACB will bear the costs of travel and accommodation required for the completion of the assignment.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
Candidates who meet the required qualifications and number of years of experience are eligible to apply and are invited to submit the Proposal by 15th August 2020 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latest Curriculum Vitae indicating the Consultant’s suitability for the assignment
- The Consultant’s approach for devising the Strategic Plan.
- A proposed Working timeline (in a Gantt chart format) indicating how the Consultant will carry out the assignment based on 05 months engagement.
2. Financial Proposal providing the Consultant’s fees quoted in USD (lump-sum).