|Date Posted:||Apr 15, 2019|
|Reference:||MoMP/PSU/Contracts Compliance Advisor|
|Closing Date:||Apr 28, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The contracts compliance advisor is responsible for reviewing of all the awarded contracts to make sure they are according to law and regulations, He/She must Overview large scale mining contracts, Developments and management activities. And will assist the LSMU members with technical consultancy in overall process of Contracts awarding and management.
Requires travel to provinces:
The incumbent should have sound presentation skills and ability to present to a large group of audience, national and international
The incumbent should be able to manage and work in working groups
The incumbent should be able to write reports, briefing paper, correspondence, and research paper as required
The incumbent should be fluent in speaking, reading and writing in English.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. 3. Review all awarded contracts to make sure they are implemented according the law, regulations and contract contents.
3. Oversee large scale mining contracts and development and management activities, and enforce Ministry of Mine rules, regulation, principles of integrity and compliance.
4. Develop standards for contracts, including terms of contracts in consideration of mining rules, presentation of contracts materials, payment terms, formal languages and provisions.
5. Ensure the progress of contracts implementation to ensure that it abides by the stipulated standards, procedures and planned procurement timetable (Items: Project Schedule, Project Budget, Technical Procedure, Contract Management); are monitored.
6. Perform appropriate scientific, administrative and operational research to support proposal and contract development.
7. Perform appropriate scientific, administrative and operational research to support relevant work stream.
8. Conduct official meetings within the Ministry to identify issues and obtain senior management input on timelines and deliverables.
9. Analyze and discuss findings based on regular monitoring data.
10. Ensure that additional programs will be utilized by the team to be capable of doing a fair comparison between planned and actual progress in physical and financial terms and identification of delays and recommendations for remedial actions.
11. Ensure documentation of all projects reports, data and best practices/learning for future programming.
12. Prepare technical reports as may be required or requested and prepare an end-of assignment report.
13. And any other tasks assigned by H.E. the Minister as per the laws and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economic, Management and or Commerce or similar fields from a recognized, accredited university and Master degree is preferred.
Minimum 5- 7 years’ experience field of Project Management, Procurement and Finance with government, Donors funded projects, NGOs and UN agencies. Having 5 years of relevant experience with Masters and 7 years of relevant experience with Bachelor degree.
Fluency in written and spoken Dari, Pashto and English.
Excellent computer skills (MS Office)