|Date Posted:||Sep 21, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Sep 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Cook will work under the direct supervision of the Camp Manager. The Cook will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide healthy meals to the residents of each project guesthouse.
2. Responsible for purchasing, preparing, and storing of the groceries.
3. Prepare a weekly and monthly menu under the supervision of the house manager.
4. Ensure that the kitchen in the guesthouse is maintained and sterilized to provide a safe and clean environment for meal preparation.
5. Maintain discretion by not sharing personal information with others about the residents or guests in the house.
6. Carry out any other related duties requested by the Logistics Manager.
â€¢ Previous experience in cooking for large numbers of people.
â€¢ Experience in working with a large NGO would be an advantage.
â€¢ Minimum of year 10 at Secondary School.
â€¢ Two years of experience in cooking of Mexican, American, French, Italian, Chinese dishes.
â€¢ Level 2 â€“ Good communication in English and the ability to communicate with residents and house guests.
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability