|Date Posted:||Jan 31, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 7, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Cook will work under the direct supervision of the Housing Manager. The Cook will perform the following principal functions relating to project support but are not limited to:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The main duty of a guesthouse Cook is to provide healthy meals to the residents of each project guesthouse.
2. The Cook is responsible for purchasing, preparing, and storing of the groceries.
3. The Cook is responsible to prepare a weekly/monthly menu under the supervision of the Housing Manager. The guesthouse will have a master menu that all Cooks may follow, depending upon how the meals are planned in each house.
4. The Cook must ensure that the kitchen in the guesthouse is maintained and sterilized to provide a safe and clean environment for meal preparation.
5. Confidentiality; the Cook should have some discretion about her/his job as not to share personal information of house residents or guests with others.
6. The Cook must collect the food money from the guesthouse residents on monthly basis and should have an accountable and transparent system for expenses.
7. Carry out any other related duties requested by the Logistics Manager/Housing Manager
â€¢ Previous experience in cooking for large numbers of people.
â€¢ Experience in working with a large or International NGOs would be an advantage.
â€¢ Minimum of year 10 at Secondary School.
â€¢ Two years of experience in cooking of Mexican, American, French, Italian, Chinese dishes.
â€¢ Level 2 â€“ Good communication in English and the ability to communicate with residents and house guests.
Abilities and Skills:
â€¢ Ability to work in a team, ability to work under pressure to meet the deadlines and excellent interpersonal skills are required
â€¢ Demonstrate commitment to LBG/B and Vs mission, vision and values
â€¢ Display cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability