|Date Posted:||Mar 5, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 9, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Pajhwok Afghan News:
Pajhwok Afghan News (www.pajhwok.com) is the leading independent news agency registered with the Ministry of Information and Culture of Afghanistan. Pajhwok has a network of reporters nationwide larger than any other news agency in the country. Pajhwok provides comprehensive, reliable, timely and bias-free news about Afghanistan from an Afghan perspective. It distributes and publishes online daily reports and photographs as a service to newspapers, radios, and television news channels as well as individual and institutional subscribers. In the Seven years of its existence, Pajhwok has become Afghanistan most credible news and feature service-provider to national and international media outlets on a national and international level.
Under the direct supervision of Logistics Officer, the incumbent of the position is responsible for cooking and preparing food for staff.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Respect rule and regulations of the organization, obey and respect superiors, having honesty, integrity and commitment.
2. Cook and prepare lunch and food for staff.
3. Purchase groceries and cooking materials from market.
4. Prepare food other then lunch for staff from time to time as requested.
5. Maintain the kitchen and its contents in hygienic condition.
6. Undertake other tasks may be assigned from time to time by respective supervisor/s.
At least 12 class graduate.
2-3 years work experience in cooking and food preparation, preferably with national or international organization.
Good knowledge of different food preparation, knowledge of foreign food making is desirable.
would be able to speak Dari and Pashto. English knowledge will be a valuable advantage.