|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 13, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Public Nutrition Department (PND) of MoPH leads and coordinate the Nutrition programme in the country. PND leads and coordinate the Nutrition Programme Coordination Committee (NPCC) meeting where all donors, UN agencies and major implementing partners are members. In addition they lead several technical Working Groups where programme related issues are discussed and specific actions are proposed to resolve the situation. In the meantime, PND aims to broaden the technical capacity of the nutrition programme implementers to provide quality nutrition services to women and children.
The main objective of this assignment is to support PND leadership in coordination with a huge network of partners and stakeholders in the country including donors, UN agencies, and implementing NGOs. The position will also support PND in the area of technical leadership and capacity building including emergency preparedness and response capabilities to ultimately increase access to quality nutrition services including during emergencies for poor women and children
Duties & Responsibilities:
1) Provide support to the Public Nutrition Department Director by coordinating the overall nutrition department activities at central and provincial level including strengthening the relation between central and provincial Nutrition officer
2) Coordinate the Nutrition Development Partners meeting including, TOR, membership, agenda, date of meetings, invitation, taking the minutes and sharing the action points for follow up
3) Assist the PND in development advocacy plan and its implementation
4) Follow up on the Scale Up Nutrition (SUN) movement and AFSEN activities.
5) Map all available resources for nutrition activities and ensure the resources are used effectively.
6) Assist in explore different strategies to strengthen sustainable nutrition implementation mechanism.
7) Collect all nutrition data from different resources and reported to PND monthly.
8) Lead and attend the relevant nutrition technical Working Groups and report to NPCC
9) Develop the annual, quarterly and monthly training plan based on the need of the department
10) Develop the draft version of training protocols, guidelines, policies and teaching modules in consultation with the department colleagues in under guidance of the PND director and submitting the draft documents to the related units for the next steps
11) Conduct monitoring and supervision of training in all nutrition areas to ensure quality
12) Compile information and analyse lessons learnt on experiences from previous trainings and integrate it into the review and eventually the revised document.
13) Any other activities and tasks assigned by the supervisors
Selected Key Deliverable:
The consultant will be required to submit brief monthly reports of progress against all above tasks; the following are selected key deliverables, with estimated due dates:
1) Monthly report of Nutrition Program Coordination Committee meetings (NPCC)
2) Bi-annual report of National Nutrition Coordination workshop
3) Compiled monthly report on provincial updates on nutrition activities/ challenges prepared by PNOs
4) Update list of all development partners with their financial contribution to specific nutrition activities (annual)
5) Update list of all implementing partners with their activities and geographic coverage (biannual)
6) Report on number of health staff trained on nutrition by implementing partners, PND, or any other entities, especially on the BPHS SOP (monthly)
7) Develop community nutrition training materials and SOP
8) Report of capacity building activities of partners discussed on the technical working groups
9) Report of monitoring and supervision activities conducted from the field (quarterly)
10) Report on any training manuals, guideline or protocols updated or need to be updated based on new scientific developments or field monitoring experiences (monthly)
· Ability to prepare various operational plans of the organization or project.
· Having specific skills in the related technical field.
· Having experience and ability of team management and leadership.
· Field work experience
· Background/familiarity with Emergency with coordination and capacity building focus
· Having at least master`s or its equivalent degree with 5 years working experience or having bachelor`s degree with 7 years related experience
· Fluency in English is essential
· Computer: Be able to work in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, outlook and internet browsers.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references