|Date Posted:||Jun 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 6, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
The post holder will report to the Directorate General of the Council of Ministers Secretariat, while dotted line management will be maintained with Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Provide overall leadership to the FSNSC Secretariat in the execution of its support responsibilities for the High-level FSNSC;
2. Manage the financial and human resources of the FSNSC Secretariat;
3. Organize and ensure that meetings of the High-level FSNSC are appropriately supported;
4. Provide support and follow-up on implementation of decisions made by the High-level FSNSC;
5. Facilitate support to all relevant Food Security and Nutrition Technical Committees under the FSNSC,
6. Liaise with key Government Ministries and relevant development partners to ensure harmonization, coordination and alignment with the national Afghanistan Food Security and Nutrition Agenda (AFSeN) and the national Nutrition Action Framework (NAF);
7. Provide feedback and suggestions for revision of the AFSeN and NAF as appropriate;
8. Facilitate ongoing and regular assessment of the performance of Food Security and Nutrition interventions based on existing surveillance mechanisms, routine monitoring and evaluation, and relevant reports prepared by stakeholders;
9. Support information sharing, communication and coordination with the relevant stakeholders (i.e. central and local government agencies, donors, UN agencies, NGOs, private sector) is supplied on time;
10. Ensure that all essential reports are compiled and shared with members of the High-level FSNSC, and relevant Technical Committees, development partners and stakeholders;
11. To support the presentation and discussion of important proposals, decisions and activities at higher level committees, resulting in relevant high level decisions, policies and instructions; and
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by the High Level FSNSC.
: The individual will possess at least a Master’s degree in a related discipline and a minimum of five years’ experience in the management and programming of development interventions at senior managerial level. He/ She must have a good understanding and experience with the resource allocation and planning processes of the Afghanistan Government and in-depth knowledge and understanding of food and nutrition security related policies and programming, including monitoring and evaluation. The individual must have a proven track record of successfully establishing networks with a broad range of constituencies, organizations, institutions, networks and sectors. He/she must have the ability and technical skills in writing of meeting minutes, required official letters and documents, and should be familiar with the official writing principles. He/ She must have very strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills in one of Afghanistan’s national (Pashtu/Dari) languages, as well as in English.