|Date Posted:||Apr 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans is a non-governmental organization (SDROA). SDROA is working 22 provinces of Afghanistan and offering educational services to the communities. We are working with the Afghanistan Government and the donors to implement projects serving the nation. SDROA is working with the local communities to promote social peace, increase awareness of communities in social, environmental and developmental topics.
The Coordinator has two major areas of responsibility – management of the center and programming. Work will be done with the support and collaboration of the staff of the Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy, Kabul and implementing partner Social Development and Research Organization for Afghans. The candidate is required to ensure the integrity of the LLC’s financial operations and make sure the operations adhere to the existing policies of the organization and donor requirements.
1. Excellent oral communication in English and Dari and/or Pashto; Excellent writing and computer skills.
2. Excellent center management and program planning skills.
3. Extensive knowledge of the Afghan institutions.
4. Ability to develop and manage professional relations, with outstanding interpersonal and coordination skills;
5. Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines and able to be part of the team.
6. Good communication skills are required with team and HQ office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Management of the center – Responsible for daily opening/closing and maintaining scheduled hours of operation.
- Serve your customers in a thoughtful way and be considerate of the users at LLC.
- Ensure that everyone has access to the center and nothing prohibits them from using the services.
- Maintenance of the collection and equipment.
- Make sure software are up to date and NO illegal software is installed, and password protect computers.
- Develop and post rules for patrons and ensure their implementation.
- Work closely with local U.S. Government representative.
- Enhance center staff capacity through timely feedback and training as needed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relations with host institution, educational institutions, the Embassy, and local government officials.
- Responsible for creating and conducting program activities to include speakers, discussion groups, cultural events, and regular classes in English, computer training and any other topic of interest to the local population.
- Attract volunteers and diverse speakers for programs.
- Frequently conduct outreach activities (e.g. fliers, event notification, visits to schools)
- Participate in the online community of American Corners.
- Work to improve operations and outreach to result in increased user attendance at LLCs and at programs.
- Develop, compile and coordinate yearly activity calendar.
- Develop and send activity reports to Kabul as required.
Budget Management and financial reporting:
- Manage center procurement as per standards.
- Check and review all financial documents and see that all financial transactions are sufficiently supported.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Enter all processed financial transactions into the computerized system and ensure its accuracy before posting.
- Assist Kabul management in reconciliation of other financial reports.
- Maintain files for vouchers and other departmental correspondence.
- Any other assignment given to him by his/her supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Daykundi
- Bachelor degree in Business or Social Sciences.
- Three to five years of relevant experience