|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2022|
|Reference:||MTNA HR 11Jan 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Mission/ Core purpose of the Job
The mission is to coordinate company relations with government and other external stakeholders on legal issues.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop and maintain strong relationship with government institutions and external bodies with a legal view to ensure long term viability of the business
· Compliance with MTNA obligations as a company to be ensured i.e. AISA license, ACCI membership, membership of Chamber of Commerce MTN Foundation, etc.
· Dully process all Government correspondences, by referring the correspondence to relevant internal department and respond the relevant government authorities.
· Consult with the internal stakeholders on issues that relate to government relations.
· Effectively engage with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive arms of government to resolve MTNA issues
· Provide advisory support to MTN Afghanistan departments on government relations related issues
· Attend meetings with key internal and external stakeholders after consultation with the Division Head.
· Analyze, highlight and report the risks on company relations with Government authorities and ensure resolution of the risks
· Perform any other tasks assigned by the direct supervisor, i.e. obtaining certain information from the government, resolving sites issues, be in contact with Parliament and resolve any issue pertaining to the MTN services to the MPs, etc.
· Drafting, reviewing, processing and filing legal and Commercial Contracts, Amendments, Extensions of MTNA among MTNA Departments.
· drafting and arranging lawsuits and providing defense sheet (دفاعیه) in case of any litigation of MTNA.
· defending from MTNA rights before AGO and all three Courts of Afghanistan and FDRC and any other legal organization.
· Translating legal documents and letters from English to local and vice versa
· extracting applicable laws articles regarding the legal matters as and when required
· Performing Any other related job assigned by the lane supervisor.
LLB or equivalent
2 - 3 years of litigation, judiciary or commercial experience; experience in handling and negotiating funding; in depth experience and understanding of the local framework
Effective drafting and negotiation skills for lawyers in corporate entities
Effective due diligence and legal investigations
Labor and pension laws and regulations
Telecommunications regulatory basic class