|Date Posted:||Nov 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FINCA Afghanistan:
The Mission of FINCA Afghanistan is to provide financial services to the lowest-income entrepreneurs, so they can create jobs build assets and improve their standard of living.FINCA International is one of the world's leading micro finance institutions, provides financial services to more than One Million clients through 23 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Middle East and South Asia (MESA) FINCA Afghanistan has over 350 employees and among one of the leading Microfinance providers in the country with its Islamic and enterprise friendly products. It is rapidly growing and is currently operating in Kabul, North and West Regions.
Reporting to Head of IT project manager will be responsible for the implementation of Core banking system in FINCA Afghanistan with following key responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop and execute project plans for Core Banking implementation project.
2. Finalize customization scope and cost, for review and approval from approval authority
3. Ensure and finalize requirements related to allied system integration i.e. Call Centre, HRMS branchless banking system, Middleware system, etc.
4. Ensure readiness and availability of the technology environment (hardware/OS/database) for development, testing and production stages through IT department with proper vendor management.
5. Ensure progress and achievement on project activities and milestones as per the approved plan; take corrective measures as needed to escalate and resolve bottlenecks on part of the FINCA Afghanistan or the vendor.
6. Ensure the readiness of data (completeness, correctness) for migration from old system to new system as per the prescribed data formats/templates required by the vendor.
7. Coordinate with relevant stakeholders for preparation of use cases for testing.
8. Organize user acceptance testing with relevant stakeholders of the system; collate feedback and make refinements in the system accordingly in coordination with the vendor.
9. Review and finalize UAT report for final sign off from all stakeholders; ensure readiness for deployment.
10. Ensure that user guides of the new system are prepared in coordination with the vendor.
11. Ensure the development of training content for the end users through the vendor. Prepare training plan and trainers for branch roll-outs.
12. Prepare strategy and plan for branch roll out. Lead the conversion/migration process by maintaining oversight on the branch roll-outs.
13. Review and finalize the monthly project status updates for the Project Steering Committee, and on need basis.
14. Manage project budget
15. Travel as required to client sites 10% to 15% in regional
Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in the field of Computer Science or Management science
- Experience working in the financial services or banking industry: 4 years
- Experience in core banking, internet banking, or payment software implementation:
- Strong understanding of Project Management methodology
- PMP or Prince 2 Certification is preferred
- Advanced time management and analytical skills
- Excellent client-facing communication skills
- At least one or Two Core Banking Software Implementation experience