|Date Posted:||Jul 23, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 9, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Civil Engineering|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a management solutions and professional services firm providing various clients services of global standards in local settings. Innovative approach, technical know-how and a focus on results define the work done at AACS Consulting where a capable team of national and international experts passionately design effective solutions to various international trade and development challenges.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has delivered services to a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions. These services have been offered in areas of Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, and Audit and Tax Advisory.
The Strengthening Watershed and Irrigation Management (SWIM) Project in coordination to MAIL and MEW, has recently approved to conduct the feasibility study of Khush Tepa canal in Kunduz province in support of its strategic plan to enhance the sustainable use of water in agriculture.
The Project is located in the northern Afghanistan province of Kunduz, approximately 300 km northwest of Kabul. The proposed irrigation scheme will be around 200 km long and will be irrigating the cultivated catchment area of (500,000 ha). The extent of this area will depend mainly on water and soil availability as well as environmental constraints that will be identified through the Feasibility Study.
Years of Experience: 5 Years
Contract Duration: Project Based
Education: Bachelor’s degree (preferably Master’s degree)
Requires travel to provinces:
experience and at least three (3) projects (preferably 4 projects) in the preparation of quantity and cost estimates of civil works in large scale irrigation projects.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Undertake the review/updating of cost estimates considered in previous studies, including cost estimates for the hydropower component.
· Gather unit costs of construction materials or construction costs in the project area.
· Prepare unit price analysis of various construction pay items of works specific to the project area.
· Prepare the quantity and cost estimate of civil and mechanical works for all components of the project during the master planning and feasibility stage.
· Prepare BOQ for the preparation of the project tender documents.
· Assist the economist expatriate in economic and financial analyses.
· Undertake other tasks/activities assigned/delegated by the Supervisor as may be required during the conduct of the Study, including support for costing mitigation measures in the EMMP/EA.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kunduz
The Cost Engineer should have a Bachelor’s degree (preferably Master’s degree) in Civil Engineering or equivalent, with at least Five (5) years (preferably 6 years) of professional