|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||100|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Please see duties and responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position conducts MoD/MoI level counterintelligence screening investigations, conducts subject and reference interviews, compiling reports and records, writing reports, gathering detailed and confidential information; coordinate and liaise with other counterintelligence and MoD/MoI personnel as required. Conduct liaison functions and serve as courier of records (i.e., personnel, investigative) between the DSS and the Military Entrance Processing Station at the Kabul Military Training Center (KMTC), MOD/MOI, National Directorate of Security, GS G2 (Sia Sang, Kabul), and other official organizations as required. Initiate and update personnel security records and files. Review personnel security records/files to identify possible problems requiring further investigations.
1. Candidate must be proficient in English, Dari (reading, writing, and speaking); Pashto is highly desirable but not required for the majority of personnel.
2. A college degree (in the field of security, law, inspection or human rights degree required) is highly desirable.
3. Knowledge and skill in the use of automation equipment and of software needed to perform work involving automated systems (i.e., word, excel, power point).
4. Combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet experience requirements.
5. Skills, abilities that include an understanding personnel management principles, practices, and terminology are required
6. A valid/current Afghan passport and active banking account highly desirable.
7. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skill;
8. At least 5-6 years of work experience in security and (12) months of work experience in the same field.
9. Competencies i.e. Leadership, Client Orientation, Teamwork, Effective Communication,