|Date Posted:||Jul 12, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 20, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The job objective of the Counternarcotics Analyst position is to cope with poppy, opium and the like any other drug eradication through policies and mechanism development.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in order to achieve organizational goals.
2. Review, scrutinize, and provide professional consultation on implementation of Afghanistan’s drug law and Afghanistan’s National Drug Control Strategy to deliver the expected results.
3. Develop a drug reduction policy that would cope with drug eradication within the framework of National Drug Control Strategy as well as a mechanism to implement the policy.
4. Design and commence a national drug reduction campaign resulting in law enforcement, drug eradication, and public awareness that would contribute to reduce the ratio of drug production on country wide.
5. Strengthen relationship with international drug reduction supporters and national governmental entities reduce the drug demand ratio throughout the country and provide alternative livelihood programs.
6. Assist line ministries and relevant stakeholders to disrupt drug trade through targeting drug traffickers and their supporters and thoroughly eliminate the basis for its trade in the country.
7. Coordinate and strengthen relationship with Ministry of Counter Narcotics, Ministry of Rural Rehabilitation and Development, Ministry of Public Health, and Ministry of Interior Affairs towards diversifying legal rural livelihood and reducing the demand for illicit drugs and treatment of drug users.
8. Responsible to coordinate activities with Ministry of Counternarcotics and Ministry of Interior Affairs to identify, arrest, and sentence drug traffickers within the country and their international supporters.
9. Monitor condition of drug trafficking prisoners in national prisons and follow up over their legal drug trafficking and cultivation cases until the final decision of the court is released and implemented.
10. Conduct public outreach and awareness programs, workshops, campaigns, seminars, and conferences on causes, need for drug and opium cultivation, and their severe impacts on health, national economy, its financial support to the militant opposition groups, and national security.
11. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
12. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
13. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
14. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Counternarcotics Analyst would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years relevant and managing work experience;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.