|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Management,Education/ Training|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Growth Impact Management Consultancy (GrowthIMC):
Growth Impact Management Consulting (GrowthIMC) is an Afghan women-owned and managed consulting firm is an innovative business and management consulting firm founded by Mrs. Farzana Balooch, a young and dynamic woman with experience in international development and the private sector in Afghanistan.
GrowthIMC provides holistic and solution-oriented services in Women Economic Empowerment, Youth Employment, Education and Economic Empowerment, Business and Management Consulting (Enterprise Development, Organizational Assessment and Management Review and Sustainability Consulting); Foreign Direct Investment, Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Research.
This is a top-tier senior level position at GrowthIMC. The CR & PD is responsible for providing strategic, financial and operational leadership for the company and will closely coordinate and work with the President & CEO, Managing Director and Board of Directors.
Specific roles and responsibilities of the CR & PD includes but are not limited to the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan, develop, implement and direct the organization’s operational and fiscal function and performance.
- Act as a strategic partner by developing and implementing the company’s plans and programs.
- Analyze and make recommendation on the impact of long range growth initiatives, planning, and introduction of new strategies and regulatory actions.
- Develop credibility and authority for the finance leadership team by providing accurate analysis of budgets, reports and financial trends and operational procedures in order to assist the BOD and senior executive team.
- Create, improve, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization that will improve operational and financial effectiveness of the company.
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board of Directors as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide expert financial guidance and advice to others within executive leadership.
- Improve the planning and budgeting process on a continual basis by educating departments and key members of corporate leadership.
- Provide strategic input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; specifically relating to the evaluation of potential mergers, acquisitions or partnerships.
- Optimize the handling of banking relationships and work closely with CFO to foster and grow strategic financial partnerships.
- Work with finance team to develop a solid cash flow projection and reporting mechanism, which includes setting a minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Act as a strategic advisor and consultant offering expert advice on contracts, negotiations or business deals that the corporation may enter into.
- Evaluate company’s financial, operational, and sales and marketing structures to plan for continual improvements and a continual increase of operating efficiencies.
- zMentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development among senior executive team and all members of staff.
- Implement a 5 year strategic management focusing on the long term sustainability, profitability, productivity of the organization as well as its transformation into a depository taking microfinance institution, and translate the Business Plan designed by Board into an effective action;
- Generate employee commitment, setting the performance standards required to achieve the short and long term objective and goals;
- Set financial and operational performance targets for all operations in the areas of outreach, sustainability, credit management, portfolio quality activities, human resources, administration, marketing, product development, fundraising and business development activities, and branch performance to ensure solid development in the local market;
- Ensure that all development of the institution’s activities comply with the local regulations and laws.
§ Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective HR policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development;
§ Recruit qualified and competent employees;
§ Establish an effective and competent participatory management style;
§ At a minimum, Bachelor’s degree (Master preferred) in a relevant field.
§ At least five years successive experience in Project Management covering education, workforce, economic growth and private sector.
§ This incumbent must demonstrate professional writing skills as s/he will develop different types of project reports.
§ Experience in private sector training or business management is a plus.
§ Experience in effectively monitoring and advising private sector training institutions
§ Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, empathetic, proactive, creative problem solving and ethical management.
§ Demonstrated exemplary diplomatic, communication, and interpersonal skills.
§ Organizational acumen and cultural sensitivity.
§ Excellent oral and written English.
This position description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of the position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Strategic mindset.
- Professional business acumen.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Excellent ability to lead and manage
- Continually drive effective results.
- Communicate effectively at all levels.