|Date Posted:||Oct 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 24, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Lapis is a full-service strategic communications agency, headquartered in United Arab Emirates with reach across Middle East, North Africa and Asia. Lapis is part of Moby Group which is established in 2003. Moby Group has advanced the media industry in a number of emerging and frontier markets extending from Central Asia to Middle East and beyond.
Moby Group employs over 1000 professionals to deliver its content-driven audience building strategy across 17 businesses and 7 markets, reaching over 450 million people through its activities in broadcasting, productions, publishing, sports and research. We utilize our extensive resources in media and broadcast, our global network of influencers and thematic experts, and practitioners in international development and marketing communications.
Lapis with over ten years of experience in the country, has the biggest communications platform with broad experience of working with different institutions inside and outside Afghanistan. Lapis has implemented communication projects of different size and scope in the fields of development, agriculture, education, peacebuilding and etc. Its thematic expertise in the field of communications is civil society development, countering violent extremism, economic development, elections, gender equality, governance, migration, peacebuilding and humanitarian crises.
The Creative Director role is very much a people-oriented job, involving development of high-level concepts for Lapis and its clients. It also involves working with internal and external clients, pitching concepts, and understanding client needs.
The Creative Director is expected to strategize and develop creative work, including TVC concepts, branding, content ideas, print collaterals, website designs, radio advertising, and other related tasks.
The Creative Director will report to the Country Director with a dotted reporting line to the Chief Strategy and Creative Officer based at Lapis HQ.
Requires travel to provinces:
GRADE LEVEL COMPETENCIES
• Passion and energy
• Verbal and Written Communication
• Quality Orientation
• Planning and Organizing
• Specialist Knowledge
• Problem Solving and Analysis
• Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography, social media and other web-based communication
• Ability to develop/supervise storyboards or translate ideas to editors/designers and develop video content
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Independent, able to work independently as well as with a team
• Constructively managing internal and external relationships with diplomacy, cultural sensitivity and discretion
• Capacity to work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
• Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
• Proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
• Proficient with PowerPoint
• Understanding of budget planning for creative projects
• Willingness to travel including to medium to high-risk countries
• Arabic/Farsi language skills an asset
• A basic knowledge and understanding of political and social context of the Middle East and Asia
• Can-do positive attitude
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Creative Director will report to the Country Director with a dotted reporting line to the Chief Strategy and Creative Officer based at Lapis HQ and will be responsible for the following:
· Develop creative strategy, concepts and designs for client projects and internal communications. Lead creative projects from conception to completion
· Provide client relationship management support to project/strategy team - involving direct interactions with client – briefings, meeting and presenting creative work
· Contribute to the creative culture of the agency - share best practices, ideas and enable a learning environment for team members
· If project demands, lead and support creative training programs as part of capacity building activities for clients
· Contribute to new business development – conceptualizing and pitching ideas
· Represent and promote brand Lapis at events, exhibitions, etc
· Build a network of suppliers to tap into for creative development whenever required
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Degree in Fine Arts or related field or equivalent and management experience required
- A minimum of 7+ years’ experience in the creative field, with 2-3 years in creative leadership role
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts – including creative aspects such as design, copy and best practices/guidelines in advertising across both online and offline mediums
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign (for art-led creative director). Knowledge of popular video editing software is a plus for this position.
- Experience in direct interactions with client – including presenting creative work
- Expertise to interpret a client's vision and make it a tangible and deliverable product
Interested candidates should send their resume via e-mail.
Clearly indicate on the subject line the title of the position, vacancy announcement, applications received after the closing date will not be considered.