|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 12, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The location of this position is in Faizabad Branch. the incumbent of the position is responsible to assist the CA to ensure the administrative quality of loan files presented to the loan committee meeting, and check the completion of final administrative steps necessary prior to loan disbursement; to remove workload of data entry from Credit Administrator; replace CA in his absence.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Good command of written and spoken English, reasonably computer literate.
- Good Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Having a good sense of humor, and a good understanding of the prevailing market. Believing in, and commitment to the FMFB vision and mission; and enthusiasm to the job.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes in the MIS the key information of the appraisals performed by the loan officers;
- Assesses their consistency of this information by checking the accuracy of calculations, their reliability, and trustworthiness of information provided for risk assessment purposes;
- Provides the Credit Administrator with recommendation for acceptance or refusal of the loan file, then the BM being responsible of the decision.
- Documents the entire process LCM and submit to Credit Administrator.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan
- At least High School graduation.
- At least 3 years hands-on work experience in the same or a similar field.