|Date Posted:||Jan 5, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Jan 13, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
Primary responsibility is the development of the local market with emphasis on the acquisition
of new business and retention of customers within assigned territory. Establishes and maintains relationships with individual customers, businesses, and companies to develop new business relationships for the bank. Responsible for monitoring of existing customers, follow-up on inquiries, problem solving to retain customers and to develop new credit and deposit opportunities within the target market of the bank.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements marketing plans designed to build relationships with current clients and bring new relationships into the Bank.
- Assist in the management of loan portfolio. Responsible for collecting updated financial information, recovery of past due loan payments, and assisting in processing loan renewals.
- Marketing of different types of loans and credit facilities that are available, as well as the terms of respective services.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with customers who have delinquent loans.
- Prepare reports to send to customers whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
Review and update credit and loan files.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
Handle customer complaints and take appropriate action to resolve them.
- Examine, evaluate and process applications for credit or loans and control and process accounts.
- Assess loan requests or commercial credit applications through interviews with applicants and checking application forms, references, credit ratings, credit scores and other information
- Approve or recommend approval of loans and commercial credit applications within credit and risk policy guidelines of the bank.
- Prepare reports of loans and accounts which have outstanding (unpaid) amounts.
- Prepare reports on credit ratings of customers.
- Conduct financial and marketing appraisals of clients businesses
- Answer enquiries concerning loan balances or commercial accounts, penalties and credit standing of customers.
- Record and finalise credit committee minutes on as and when required basis.
- Dealing with 3rd parties as evaluators, lawyers, financial accountants etc.
- Maintain a close liaison with all departments in the bank on a regular basis.
- University degree in business, finance or related field
Preferably at least two years of credit experience.
- Familiarity with a range of commercial bank products and operations.
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Word etc.)
- Must be willing to travel within the provinces across Afghanistan.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.