|Date Posted:||Feb 12, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 17, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
To generate and manage a portfolio of SME credit facilities according to the volume projections established by AIB ensuring timely and complete repayment in strict adherence to the SME Credit Manual at any time of the entire process. To build long-term relationship with Credit clients and to utilize these relationships for the growth of the bank alongside the growth of the clients
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collect and analyze information about sectors, markets, potential and existing clients
- Independent credit analysis encompassing financial analysis, collateral analysis, management assessment and assessment of credit enhancement.
- Analyze and structure credit requests from 25,000. - USD to 250,000. - USD for existing and new clients.
- Collect financial information and to make it accessible by building financial statements which are then to be analysed.
- Market the financial services of the bank (SME loans and cross-selling) â€“ to potential as well as to existing clients.
- Communicate the terms and conditions to the target market clients.
- Discuss, analyze and decide on loan requests.
- Carry out loan appraisal by collecting the relevant information.
- Carry out credit analysis; decide on whether to recommend for sanctioning or to reject a credit request.
Prepare the documentation for and send recommendation to the Credit committee.
- Carry out the underwriting process.
- Disburse and control the disbursement process (pre-and post-disbursement conditions)
- Ensure timely repayments on credit facilities.
- Monitor repayment and business development.
- Carry out problem-loan management in case of delinquencies ( in terms of repayment and in terms of other obligations as stipulated in the loan agreement)
- Carry out recovery procedures in case of defaulting clients.
- To work under the strict guidance and work ethics mentioned in AIBâ€™s staff Handbook.
- niversity degree in business, finance or related field
- Preferably at least one year of credit experience.
- Familiarity with a range of commercial bank products and operations.
- Strong Computer skills (Excel, Word etc.)
- Must be willing to travel within the provinces across Afghanistan.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Pashto and Dari.
- Preference will be given to candidates settled in Herat.