|Date Posted:||Jul 13, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Agricultural Development Fund:
Agricultural Development Fund (ADF), is a financial institution under the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA). The ADF’s mission is to finance agriculture and agribusinesses across the country, so as to contribute to the economic development of Afghanistan. While the primary target client of the ADF is the commercial farmers, it also provides financial support to other small/large farmers, cooperatives, agricultural input suppliers, equipment dealers, processors, wholesalers and exporters; as well as to those businesses that support agriculture, such as storage facilities and the transporters. ADF provides funding to its clients both, directly and indirectly, i.e. through financial and non-financial intermediaries. Its financing activities span agricultural production, processing, trade and marketing at all levels. ADF offers both, conventional and Sharia compliant loan products to its clients.
The Credit Officer position is one of the key positions in the ADF with the major responsibilities to propose suitable loan applicants for the ADF management review and approval. The Credit Officer works under direct supervision of Regional Supervisor.
Provinces to travel:
Very good communication and presentation skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the agricultural companies, associations and cooperatives as well as financial institutions to develop financing arrangements necessary for the loans.
- Develop and appraise loan proposals in various stages like the preliminary scrutiny, working out on financial viability/bankability (balance sheet analysis, cash flows projection, ratio analysis, sensitivity analysis, etc.).
- Support agricultural value chain technical specialists to manage credit risk by assessing the technical feasibility of the loan applications and provides required training and TA to the ADF borrowers in production, processing and market development, increasing their likelihood of success and therefore increasing the probability of repayments.
- Make sure that the proposed loan applications from the different provinces are financially and technically feasible to invest in certain period of time and provides inputs to ADF decision makers in different stages of their decisions in order to make sure that the proposed ADF loan assists the Afghan Agribusinesses and also to reduce the risk for both parties (ADF and its clients).
- Arranging of Credit Shuras and other marketing activities with the collaboration of Regional Supervisor.
- Ensure legal contracts and loan disbursements documents are accurate and complete.
- Manage on-going relationship with the clients after the disbursement and have regular visits.
- Follow up regularly with the existing clients to ensure timely repayments.
- Ensure the targets given are achieved.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by management.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Nangarhar
- Experience working in financial services, banks and in private business.
- Experience supporting loan proposals development process.
- Ability to analyze loan documentation and prepare financial statements.
- Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to grasp key agricultural concepts and value chain.
- Knowledge of Islamic Financing is plus.
- A university degree, preferably in Business Administration, Economics or related field.
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Working experience at regional and provincial level, prior work experience with banks and International organizations.
- Fluent English, excellent Pashto and Dari.