|Date Posted:||Jun 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jun 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
The Credit Support Officer would oversee and mentor the VSLA role and those staff that are directly responsible for working with the VSLAs and facilitating related training and provide them technical support in lending process.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The VSLAS shall perform and be responsible for the following:
- Develop an outreach program to ensure that all Saving Groups (SG) and Village Saving and Loan Associations (VSLAs) are aware of project successes and lessons learned and are able to incorporate these successes and lessons into their operating methodology
- Coordinate the efforts of the provincial staff who are interfacing in lending with SGs and VSLAs
- Participate in implementation of on-the-job training and coaching the provincial staff who are interfacing with SGs and VSLAs
- Train and mentor the SGs and VSLAs in running their financial operations
- Work with SGs and VSLAs to assist them in developing the appropriate financial products
- Work with SGs and VSLA to assist them in developing the lending system.
Work with SGs and VSLA to assist them in developing the lending system.
- Assist the VSLAs in partnering with the MFIs and working with them to build internal systems
- Ensure that proper records are kept and that loans are recovered
- Assist in the formation of individual VSLAs, getting them through the organizational and implementation process
- Identify the financial needs of EGs and link them with VSLAs for access to finance
- Work with EGs to improve their financial literacy
- Work with AREDP management to continually analyze and refine the delivery of services at all levels
- Take in maintaining the reporting system of the program
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by Senior Management
- At least three years experience working in the banking environment,
- Extensive experience in reporting and knowledge of banking products
- Understanding and experience in the enterprise development environment
1. A university degree in business, economics and/or finance
2. Strong work planning and management skills
3. Fluency in English (both written and spoken), Dari and Pashto and an ability to write comprehensive reports in English
4. Excellent communication and problem solving skills
5. Excellent computer skills using Word, Excel, Power Point and the Internet
6. Strong team player with solid interpersonal skills and negotiation ability, particularly to include the ability to address sensitive issues with diplomacy, respect and tact;
7. Ability to multi-task, be flexible and lead a large team in a high pressure tight deadline working environment;
8. Professionalism in appearance and demeanour;
9. Willingness and ability to travel 50% of her/his time in rural areas throughout Afghanistan;
10. Willingness to enhance knowledge through personal initiative and training.
11. REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
Reports to the Manager, Access to Finance Unit, and as required, to the Senior Management team.
12. PERIOD OF ASSIGNMENT:
Five Years - subject to annual renewal extensions based on performance. There is an initial probation period of 3 months, and the initial contract will be until 31 December 2010.