|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The objective of the Crisis Response Management Advisor (Security) position is to provide consultation in regards to the draft and development of policies to have emergency response and access to the crisis.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan in order to achieve organizational goals.
2. Read and scrutinize drafts of security policies, mechanisms, and contracts for purpose of providing professional consultation to cover security crisis immediately and maintain security in terrific conditions.
3. Assist relevant security departments of the state as well as relevant security stakeholders to deal with disruptive and unexpected events that threaten to harm national security.
4. Conduct broad security crisis management study and analysis to develop programs that would immediately deal with arisen security crisis and provide alternative measurements to smoothly normalize its aftermath.
5. Provide professional consultation to develop a mechanism that would cover every measurement prior, during, and after to the occurrence of any unexpected security threat, natural disaster, and or crisis.
6. Assist relevant departments and line governmental agencies to identify, assess, understand, and cope with serious security situations, especially from the moment of its occurrence until its recovery procedures are under taken.
7. Develop a corporate crisis management strategy within the context of security measurements to prevent crisis, monitor the environment if in case the crisis occurs, and cope with the crisis to better utilize the resources towards normalizing the situation.
8. Conduct security related capacity building of the relevant employees of the departments with composing and distributing information materials on emergency and crisis response management.
9. Identify budget requirements, according to work plan of related department for advancement of programs.
10. Prepare monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs the activities and achievements of the related directorates to the senior officials.
11. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standard.
12. Conduct any duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Crisis Response Management Advisor (Security) would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have at-least a relevant bachelor degree from a reputed institution or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years relevant work experience in security or defensive state organizations;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.