|Date Posted:||May 19, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jun 2, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade BAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||2 months|
About National Water Affairs Regulation Authority:
In accordance with the Decree 36 of the presidential office of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in view of national politics and strategy of the country during 1398, the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) has been established from one existing ministry: Ministry of Energy and Water
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country's physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the water sector occupies special prominence in the Government's development plans. Several major Water sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of the National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA).
Given the technical complexity of the Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, the NWARA assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce NWARA in its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for water sector development
The Dam and Rivers Advisor (DRIA) will be serving as advisor for Director General of NWARA in all dams and rivers infrustructure aspects of water resources management affairs in National Water Affairs Regulation Authority (NWARA) on all levels. He/she will be providing professional support in implementing projects and programs reviews. The overall responsibilities include developing, providing technical expertise, and coordinating technical activities. The person will be also supporting the relevant teams preparing technical aspects of the projects and programs. The person will be coordinating technical aspects of the assigned projects and programs with the inter-agencies actors and external stakeholders to ensure coordinated water interventions and approaches across the agency.
- Investigate, resolve the problems and challenges which comes over five major river basins.
- Problem solving oriented and experience in performing varied technical tasks in water resources engineering and managment.
- Demonstrate expertise in technical/managerial and leadership aspects of water resources projects.
- Strong inter-personal and teamwork skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Providing technical leadership assistance on the development and implementation and of dams and rivers’ infrastructure projects over the fiver major river basins of Afghanistan.
- Assisting the top management of NWARA in review of relevant documents and reports; identifies priorities; liaises with relevant parties; identifies follow-up actions.
- Assisting preparation of various technical and academic documents, e.g. investigation, monitoring and feasibilities reports, background and baseline reports, and other relevant documents.
- Assessing public utility projects of dams and rivers/canals over the country and advise top management over implementation of them.
- Contributing to stakeholders’ meetings, conferences, and other events by supporting documents and presentations preparation.
- Participating in technical meetings/activities like structuring of seminars, workshops, training materials for the NWARA’s organized events.
- Assist the top management of the authority in dam and river/canals projects implementation activities as per the approved annual work plan and budget.
- Assisting in project design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation/follow up
- Contributing to proposal development for new dam and rivers/canals projects.
- Advise project planners and developers on considering technical aspects of projects in line with the NWARA’s strategies and mission.
- Collaborate in design and implementation of project activities including the development of work plans and provide consultation over recruitment of personnel over water resources projects.
- Advising departments and offices to ensure all technical aspects of plans are well integrated and in line.
- Leads the comprehensive review of technical documents of dams and river/canals.
- Overall advise and assist Director General of NWARA on dam and rivers/canals planning, regulations and over relevant tasks of the aurhtority with coordination of projects with line ministries and stakeholders.
- Represent to national and international stakeholders’ meetings, conferences, seminars, trainings/workshops.
- Advise water resources planners according to plans and policies and represent the Director General of NWARA’s office in national and international arenas and maintain close continued collaboration with stakeholders and donors.
- Communicate regularly with departments, programs, donors and other stakeholders in order to maintain a responsive and sound implementation mechanism.
- Establish and maintain a sound communication mechanism between the projects/departments involved in dams, rivers and canals infrastructures.
- Provide technical assistance to fostering dam and rivers’ infrastructures departments/projects concerning the implementation of projects.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Bachelor of Civil engineering, water resources, hydraulic structures with master of Water Engineering and Management.
- Bachelor Minimum seven years, Master five years experience in water resources, leadership on relevant areas.
- Strong in English (All skills especially writing/speaking).
- Proficient in Dari and Pashtu.
- Limited travel (any part of the country).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking skill.
- Able to see water resources infrustructures from broader perspectives with international outlook.
- Strong presentation and representation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in English and national languages.
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, and training skills.
- Proactive, resourceful and results oriented.