|Date Posted:||Jul 21, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jul 30, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Government Advisory|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About National Security Council:
Office of National Security Council (ONSC) is a strategic coordinating entity of national defense and national security organizations of the country that operates in the following working sectors; • Leading and managing the secretariat of national security; • Strategically coordinating the national defensive and security sectors; • Arranging the affairs related to the office of Chief Commander of Security Forces; • Investigating the information and strategic threats for the purpose of national security interests (from one until five years); • Solidifying relations with media from national security perspective; • Supporting the peace and reconciliation process; • Consolidating and coordinating security of the President; • Monitoring proper implementation of policies, presidential decrees, and minutes of National Security Council.
The purpose of the Data Analysis and Information System Advisor is to ensure effective operations and secure all computer networks of National Security Council.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The individual would be responsible for the following activities:
1. Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual work plan according in conformation to the general IT plan of the directorate.
2. Ensure effective operations and secure all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software that is used within a wide range of National Security Council (NSC);
3. Monitor and evaluate functionality of systems both hardware and software and review the current topology of computer networks all buildings related to NSC;
4. Provide technical consultation and recommendations to advance the current computer network of the office and identify and eradicate technical problems either hardware or software;
5. Provide consultation in regards to computer applications, software packages, and databases that would smoothen day to day operations of employees including but not limited to reporting, data records, services, and or finance;
6. Ensure software licensing laws are proper followed avoiding any misconduct that would reduce normal operations standard as well as abide by the end user licenses of applications;
7. Maintain proper backup measurements of all the data stored in the servers and computer drives providing and configuring backup storages and systems for data and information;
8. Implement and manage security, integrity, and backup procedures for the stored data and information in the network system of the office;
9. Monitor testing and modifying systems to ensure that they operate effectively as well as design and implement effective maintenance procedures throughout the network systems;
10. Monitor and evaluate activities related to cyber security networks including but not limited to internet and telecommunication and to identify the available and possible national security threats to these networks;
11. Maintain relationship with internet service providers to ensure quality bandwidth internet service is provided and follow up over mutual IT agreements with the contractors;
12. Develop concept notes to conduct and implement capacity building programs for employees to enhance their capabilities to use computer applications for the purpose to generate quality services;
13. Ensure relations and coordinate activities with Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, security and military governmental agencies, and all relevant stakeholders to draft and develop effective programs purposing avoidance of strategic IT related threats to national security;
14. Design firewalls, monitor use of data files, and regulate access to safeguard information and protect network.
15. Preparing monthly, quarterly, annually reports and if required, briefs related activities to senior officials.
16. Manage staff under control to ensure that they are effectively, motivated, developed, disciplined and trained in order that they can carry out their tasks to the required standards.
17. Conduct any other duty as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the office.
The Data Analysis and Information System Advisor would have the following qualification and experience:
Shall have a relevant bachelor degree from a reputed institution in computer science, software development, information technology, or in a related discipline and or master degree in relevant field is a plus;
Shall have 4 years work experience in a related field;
Shall be fluent in communicating in Pashto, Dari, and English languages;
Shall be proficient in computer applications;
Shall be able to plan, organize, lead and monitor a large section;
Shall be competent and have aptitude in managing operations;
Shall have excellent inter-personal skills;
Shall have ability to deal with a variety of people and situations;
Shall have flexibility and ability to work under stress and within limited time frames.