|Date Posted:||Sep 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Sep 14, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Explosive Ordnance Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy.
Firing Range Data and Programing officer reports to Senior Data Management Officer and Firing Range Project Manager and responsible for data recording, organizing, analyzing, and presenting within DMAC MIS.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The incumbent is responsible for preparation & entry of MAPA field reports including but not limited to the following tasks,
• Responsible for the entry all field and HQ data including Survey, resurvey, completion survey, cancellation reports, mine accident, demining accident and victim reports into national database.
• Responsible for preparation and consolidation of MAPA data (progress, EOD, EORE, QM and VA) into standard migration script on monthly basis.
• Ensure the accuracy of geospatial data related to hazard and completion survey reports.
• Regularly monitor the workbench data and follow up on rejected reports.
• Assist in managing and maintaining a functional digital archive system.
• Ensure that all reports within the MIS digital archive system are complete and in compliance with MAPA standards.
• Ensure that all field reports contain the required attachments.
• Ensure that all mine action data are processed in a timely manner with the highest accuracy and completeness possible.
• Perform corrective actions as per the department guidelines and standards.
• Assist in preparation and maintenance of separate checklists for data collection, preparation and entry.
• Perform spatial data quality checks for IMSMA data using GIS tools.
• Developer\Analyst will be Responsible for the development and operations of Business Intelligence (BI), Data Warehouse, and Data Management.
• Migrate current PostgreSQL data to cloud and maintain data in cloud.
• Developer\Analyst will train and develop both internal resources as well as Subject Matter Experts in different departments on proper ways to query, analyze and use data.
• Resolve database problems, queries and error reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Interact with team members to understand project requirements.
• Coordinate with team members to perform database programming based on MAPA requirements.
• Monitor and manage database servers, memory and space resources.
• Provide programmatic guidance and support to team members when needed.
• Maintain accurate and complete database programming documentations.
• Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of technical issues.
• Responsible for the modification, editing, testing, and implementation of data scripts.
• Perform data analysis and visualization to provide evidence-based information to DMAC management and MAPA stakeholders.
• Make customization in the national database when required.
• Code back-end stored procedures, function, and trigger on add-on databases.
• University degree required, BCS, Software Engineering or relevant.
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Data science or engineering having data science professional certificate from a renowned institution is preferred.
- Work Experience:
• Four years of relevant experience is required.
• Advance skills in SQL, VB.net, and JAVA is preferred
• Prior experience of working with relational databases
• Basic knowledge of ArcGIS.Experience with Python & PHP.
• Knowledge and Experience of closed source analytical apps like Power BI, Tablue and open source visualization frameworks (D3.Js, Dash, Plotly, Folium)
• IMSMA knowledge
• Working experience in mine action Programmed.
SKILL & COMPETENCIES:
- Computer (MS Office)
- Presentation skill
- Team work
- Problem solving