|Date Posted:||Sep 19, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Oct 3, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Data Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis. We are committed to promoting diversity and the principle of equal employment opportunity for all our employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of religion or belief, ethnic or social background, gender, gender identity and disability.
The World Food Programme (WFP) is the leading humanitarian organization saving lives and changing lives, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
The hunger crisis in Afghanistan is unfolding at a rapidly, with over half the country’s population of 40 million now facing acute food insecurity—the highest number the humanitarian community has ever seen in Afghanistan. Work opportunities are shrinking, with most households now reporting just one day of work per week. This comes on top of the worst drought in years, which is especially concerning for the 85 percent of the population who rely on agriculture for livelihoods.
Preventing and mitigating a drastic increase in hunger and malnutrition is the aim of WFP in Afghanistan which can only be achieved through the scaled up and sustained complementary food security and nutrition interventions, combined with a scale-up of resilience interventions to safeguard gains. WFP has embarked on a significant month on month scale-up of its crisis response and resilience programmes across the country, ensuring that the programme is delivered at the right scale and time, targeted to the right areas. WFP is also actively following up on evolving trends to pre-empt hotspots, while guaranteeing quality and maximum impact of the programme through the monitoring of these hotspots to be able to support continued donor advocacy.
Programme Associate for Data and Reporting will be responsible for providing effective specialized support and technical analyses to policy and programme activities that effectively meet food assistance needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and modify data infrastructure to accelerate the processes of data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Conduct data analysis on monthly, quarterly and annually basis to support policy decisions and programming.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data
- Regularly produce and analyze data on daily food/CBT distribution, beneficiaries verification/selection and SCOPE registration in target areas’, including gender disaggregation and analysis, and provide management directives to cooperating partners for their actions.
- Establish and maintain respectful and effective relations with the CP’s.
- Undertake the analysis of data to identify specific regional trends and WFP coverage, and disseminate data and research to ensure management decisions are based on up-to-date data and analysis.
- Establish a central data management system for SO1, SO2, SO3, and SO4 and …. For reporting and analysis.
- Maintaining and updating WFP data management systems including MODA, COMET and other data system as required.
- Reconciliation of daily distributions report with CP.
- Dissemination of daily distribution reports against implementation plan.
Advanced University Degree in one of the following disciplines: Social Sciences, International Development, Political Science, Law or related field; must have specialization in data and reporting fields.
At least 3 years experiences in data analysis, reporting, Food/CBT in both public and private sector.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
Knowledge of WFP programmes and policies, nutrition and food security and food systems.
Strong written and oral communication
Experience working in a United Nations agency, and preferably with WFP.
Experience of working in data analysis and reporting
Computer skills in Word processing, Excel, PowerPoint, typing English/Pashto/Dari
Fluency (level C) in English language, plus Pashto and/or Dari, preferably both.