|Date Posted:||Jul 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 27, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
About Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission :
DATA BAKUP AND RECOVERY SPECIALIST
Position Announcement Reference
Job Title: Data Backup and Recovery Specialist
Grade: NTA Grade C
Ministry / Agency: IARCSC
Job Location: Kabul
Number of Jobs: ONE POSITION
Report To: HRMIS Director
Duration of Contract: One Year with possibility of extension
The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 2002 as an independent budgetary unit in the government of Afghanistan charged with establishing and strengthening robust institutions of public administration, merit-based recruitment of civil servants, regulating civil servant’s affairs and training and professional development of civil servants. The Commission comprises an Independent Appointment Board and an Independent Appeals Board. The Civil Service Management department and the Afghanistan Civil Service Institute are the two other major departments in the Commission.
The IARCSC mission is: To lead the reform and professionalization of civil service administration and management and to recruit and develop civil servants on the basis of merit, through an impartial, transparent and accountable process.
The Tackling Afghanistan Government’s HRM and Institutional Reform (TAGHIR)
TAGHIR directly responds to the Afghanistan National Peace and Development Framework (ANPDF) – including its development priority on “Building a responsive and effective public administration system”.
The overall objective of TAGHIR is to strengthen the capacity of selected line ministries and agencies through merit-based recruitment of key positions, improved personnel management, and better HR planning.
TAGHIR is being co-financed by the Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) and the International Development Association (IDA) of the World Bank Group. The Independent Administrative Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) will implement the project on behalf of the GoIRA.
SUMMARY OF THE JOB
The DATA BAKUP AND RECOVERY SPECIALIST will be primarily responsible for consolidating, cleaning and verifying the data. He/she will also be responsible for data backup, recovery and keeping HRMIS data safe and secure. The DATA BAKUP AND RECOVERY SPECIALIST will plan his/her activities in accordance and close coordination with HRMIS Technical team and the HRMIS Director.
Requires travel to provinces:
· Data Recovery Tools
· Data Security
· Data backup and recovery
· Data Maintenance
· Database Performance Tuning
· Work Well Under Pressure
Duties & Responsibilities:
SCOPE OF SERVICES
· Ability to work with computer hardware especially hard drives and associated equipment
· Soldering components to computer hardware to fix mechanical issues
· Discovery of computer data that’s either hidden or damaged
· Work with all HRMIS equipment to recover data
· Troubleshoot computer hardware issues and perform maintenance on desktops and servers
· Work with other team members to identify security issues related to HRMIS data
· Perform low level forensics on multiple computer hardware storage
· Train team members with the best practices for data storage
· Create data recovery plans for disaster recovery
· Practice disaster recovery plans using testing policies
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
· A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management System or related fields.
· With a bachelor’s degree, 5 years’ experience in business analysis, management systems or a related field.
· Understanding of structured query language (SQL, MYSQL)
· Strong knowledge of RDBMS
· Skills in data maintenance, recovery and accuracy
· Fluent in Pashto/Dari and English