|Date Posted:||Jan 16, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jan 31, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the technical and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership in global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical and implementation support and monitoring and assessing health trends. In Afghanistan, WHO works to improve the health and well-being of all Afghans by preventing and reducing mortality, morbidity and disability and strengthening health services in close coordination with national and international partners.
Purpose of the Post:
To ensure accurate collection and management of Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI & EPI) data in the province
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the direct supervision of the ARPO/WHO Regional Team Lead/Medical Officer Polio and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative in Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Working under direct supervision of the respective Provincial Polio Officer, the incumbent will work in close coordination with the Provincial PEI Manager; the incumbent data clerk will undertake the following duties:
1. Compile all data related to supplementary immunization activities including pre-, intra-, and post-campaign activities.
2. Compile the administrative (reported) coverage and intra-campaign monitoring data of all supplementary immunization activities (OPV and OPV/IPV);
3. Compile and feed forward polio surveillance related data;
4. Validate and clean all the compiled data; and maintain repository of the provincial data;
5. Feed forward the validated data to the regional and provincial levels as per the programme timelines;
6. Any other as assigned by the supervisor.
1. A national of Afghanistan
2. Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/IT
3. Minimum 2 years of relevant data management experience.
4. Experience in international agencies is an asset.
5. Good working knowledge of English and local languages.
6. Resident of the area of assignment or proven affiliation/familiarity with it.
7. Ability to work harmoniously as a member of a team and adapt to diverse social and cultural background
8. Maintain high standards of personal conduct and integrity.
9. Willingness to work long hours and weekends, especially during important activities such conferences/meetings, vaccination campaigns, and other essential events.