|Date Posted:||Dec 29, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Afghanistan Investment Support Agency (AISA) began as an agency that provided licenses to companies wishing to invest in Afghanistan. AISA has now evolved into a pro-active institution on promoting and attracting investment to Afghanistan. AISA, having its main office in Kabul and regional offices in Herat, Kandahar, Mazar-i-sharif, Nangharhar, Khost, Kunduz, Paktia, Faryab and Helmand province, delivers a wide range of services to investors all over the country.
1. Provide regular and on time information to interested parties on the most current investment conditions in Afghanistan and build AISAâ€™s reputation as trusted and accurate source of research information.
2. Strengthen AISAâ€™s relationship with donor community by demonstrating active collaboration in research studies, including those studies relating to private sector development outside Kabul
3. Develop AISAâ€™s capacity as intermediary between the private sector and Government of Afghanistan by creating a critical forum for dialogue to identify the needs and concerns of the private sector and initiate reforms on their behalf.
4. Preparation of policy proposals for the decision makers which help the acceleration of out-ward and in-ward looking investment strategies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Preparing the overall strategy of the Research and Policy Department.
2. Preparing Research and Policy papers.
3. Preparing the work plan for the department.
4. Coordinating Research and Policy meeting with the Government and Donors.
5. Coordinating presentation with different entities for general knowledge of all AISA Staff.
6. Overall supervision of the department activities.
7. Coordinating internal departmental meeting for dissemination of information.
8. Developing relation with the domestic and international research organization.
9. Participating in domestic and international seminars if required.
10. Work Plan for Studies.
11. Contacting the international research organization for transfers of experience, and
their cooperation in the field of research.
12. Developing measurable indicator for the measurement of each activity of AISA and
Preparing reports and recommendation for the president of AISA.
13. Stabilizing relation with international research organization.
14. Contacting the donors for financing the survey in case the cost of survey exceeds the
Manage two subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of six employees. Directly supervises one nonâ€“supervisory employee. Is responsible for overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organizations policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualification and Experience:
â€¢ Msc in Economics but Ph.D is preferable with a minimum of five years of experience
in the relevant field
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply principles of logic and scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with non verbal symbolism (formulas, scientific, equations, graphs etc) in its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.