|Date Posted:||May 12, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 19, 2019|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture,Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
About Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) Afghanistan Data Entry Clerk :
USAID’s Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) is a leading global provider of objective, evidence- based food security information and analysis to inform decisions on humanitarian response and other assistance programs. FEWS NET collaborates with international, regional, and national partners to provide timely and rigorous early warning and analysis of potential, emerging, and/or evolving food security issues in order to inform decisions and guide response. More information on FEWS NET can be found at www.fews.net.
Chemonics International Inc., a leading international consulting firm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET’s technical and field activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualified Afghan to fill Data Entry Clerk position in Kabul, Afghanistan. Chemonics seeks to engage Data Entry Clerk for an initial contract to last up to 01 July 2019, with the possibility of an extension.
Job Categories: Program
Minimum Education Level: University Degree
Position: Data Entry Clerk
Organization: Chemonics International/ FEWS NET Project
Duty Station: Kabul
City: Kabul, with some travel to other provinces
Duration: Till July 01, 2019, with possibility for extension
Salary Range: As per NTA Salary Scale, Grade F
Announcing Date: May 11, 2019
Closing Date: May 19, 2019
Nationality: Afghan National
No. of Jobs: 1
Job Type: Part-time
Job Status: Sourcing
Experience: 2 Years of relevant experience
Provinces to travel:
· Very strong speaking and writing skills in English and Dari and/or Pashto required, as well as excellent interpersonal skills.
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office (particularly with word processing and spreadsheets) required.
· Ability to prioritize work assignments; capable of making decisions which will foster timely completion of work.
· Excellent and demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Inputting data from a variety of external sources into FEWS NET databases, including MAIL price and production data for different commodities, Afghanistan Living Conditions Survey (ALCS) data from 2005-2018 and/or data from upcoming ALCS assessments, data from national-level food security assessments such as the Seasonal Food Security Assessment, data from assessments led by Action Against Hunger and WFP, and Afghanistan Meteorological Department data.
· Collecting and compiling historical data related to IDPs (affected by conflict and/or natural disasters) from different agencies.
· Collecting and compiling qualitative and quantitative data on remittances from different agencies.
· Collecting and compiling national statistics data and preparing the national historical production database.
· Entering historical precipitation data into relevant data sheets.
· Entering data into online and offline databases and checking to ensure the accuracy of entered data.
· Sorting and preparing data from various food security related reports for data entry.
· Compiling reports from nutrition SMART assessments into a single update form.
· Tracking Skype updates from FEWS NET Field Monitors (FMs) covering 34 provinces to manage and precisely track day-to-day food security updates and summarize these updates in key messages to the FEWS NET Afghanistan National Technical Manager (NTM) and/or other technical staff.
· Resolving any discrepancies in existing data and obtaining further data to fill any data gaps.
· Creating data backups of key documents and reports, including food security outlooks and agro-climatology updates.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s degree certified by the Ministry of Higher Education in Agriculture or Economics, or related field required.
- At least two years of relevant experience in data entry and/or management required.
- Familiar with the MS world, outlook, PowerPoint, and MS excel software