|Date Posted:||Sep 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 11, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Admin Clerical ,Business Administration ,Compliance|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||8 week(s)|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Borlaug Institute:
About the Borlaug Institute
The Borlaug Institute leads international food security and agricultural development programs for the Texas A&M University System (TAMUS). Named in honor of the Nobel Peace Prize winner, “Father of the Green Revolution,” and faculty member at Texas A&M University for a quarter of a century, the Borlaug Institute continues Dr. Norman Borlaug’s legacy of improving global food security, livelihoods, and resilience through applied agricultural science, research and extension. The Borlaug Institute’s mission is “To help elevate small-holder farmers out of poverty and hunger through agricultural science.”
The USAID Women’s Scholarship Endowment (WSE) Activity assists Afghan women in obtaining a university education in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) field of study, better enabling them to overcome barriers to gaining employment, raise their incomes, and help them achieve leadership roles in their families, communities and government in positions of influence in the public and private sectors, thereby ensuring a balance of voices and perspectives.
The Data Entry Intern will enter data from scholarship applications into the computer system for data management, processing, and storage. The application will come from various digital and hard copy sources that may be in English, Dari, and Pashto. The Data Entry Intern will input data accurately and precisely into the database in English.
This is a temporary, short-term position. It is anticipated the position will last approximately 8 weeks, and is dependent on the volume of applications received. During the assignment, the candidate will work 8 hours per day, Sunday through Thursday (equaling 40 hours per week).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter data from paper and/or digital scholarship application into computer data base.
- Translate any Dari or Pashto applications data into English when entering it into the database.
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy. Work with WSE team to inform scholarship applicants of any missing data or materials so that the applicant may submit it.
- Daily check sources for incoming applications.
- Track which applications have been entered in the database and which have not.
- Scan physical applications and file both digital and paper versions of the applications.
- Assist the WSE team in running reports of the data, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with two (2) years relevant experience or High School diploma with four (4) years relevant experience. Relevant experience considered is data entry, computer literacy
- Computer literacy required, including knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word required.
- Must pay close attention to detail and be able to enter data accurately.
- Must be capable of long periods of computer operation and managing a high volume of data entry
- Experience or familiarity working with USAID projects is preferred
- Fluency in reading and writing English, Dari, and Pashto required.