|Date Posted:||Jul 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Health Organization:
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations. The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region. Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
Purpose of the Post:
To ensure accurate collection and management of Polio Eradication Initiative (PEI) data in the region
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective (Overview of the programme):
Organizational context (Describe the individual role of incumbent within the team, focusing on the intricacy and difficulty of working environment):
Under the direct supervision of the WHO Regional Team Lead/Medical Officer Polio and the overall supervision of the WHO Representative in Afghanistan.
Provinces to travel:
1) Fostering Integration and Team work
2) Communicating in a credible and effective way
3) Knowing and managing your self
Functional Skills and Knowledge:
1. The candidate should have at least two year of working experience with data entrance.
2. Should have knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures.
3. Should be able to speak Dari, Pashto and Basic English.
4. Should be able to work during the campaigns until late hours.
Should be able to work independently and in a team
The candidate should have no dual responsibilities and will be FULL time staff, if recruited
Duties & Responsibilities:
Summary of Assigned Duties (Describe what the incumbent has to do to achieve main objectives; include main achievements expected):
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Working under direct supervision of the respective Provincial Polio Officer, the incumbent will work in close coordination with the Provincial PEI Manager; the incumbent data clerk will undertake the following duties:
- Collecting data from all the districts of the province during the pre-campaign, campaign and post-campaign phases (NIDs, SNIDs, SIADs, Case response immunization),
- Checking received data for completeness, accuracy etc. and after compilation forward to the National Polio Control Room,
- Preparing a summary of data including progress on NEAP in respect to the province and submit it to the provincial Governor through provincial EPI Manager,
- Providing feedback to the districts on the quality of data,
- Compiling the intra campaign and PCA data and share with provincial Public Health Direct, EPI Manager and National Polio Control Room,
- Maintain the contact addresses (phone numbers and e-mail addresses) of all national, provincial, and district and local administrative and health authorities,
- Share the data with the Provincial and Regional Partners, for urgent and immediate actions. Following up on actions taken on reported issues.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kandahar
Essential: Diploma/Degree in Computer Science/IT.
Essential: At least two year experience in Data area.
Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN/Government/NGO system
Languages: Very good knowledge of English and the local language.
« Screening of the candidates;
Ø Long List - The candidates shall be longlisted base on the minimum qualifications and relevant experience to the Vacancy Notice (VN).
Ø Short List - Further shortlist shall be done base on years of relevant experience, higher education and required skills.
« Assessment method:
Ø WHO may conduct written/presentation and interview or combination of the mentioned mediums to select the most qualified candidate.
Ø WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and equally qualiﬁed female candidate will be given preference.