|Date Posted:||Jan 8, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Economic Growth|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
AECOM delivers specialized advisory services to facilitate economic growth and alleviate poverty around the globe. We work in emerging markets worldwide, providing expertise that enables governments, communities, and businesses to design and implement successful development programs that improve quality of life. Our clients include United States government agencies, multilateral and bilateral donors, and private sectors clients.
AECOM seeks a Database Administrator for its USAID-funded Afghanistan Social Outreach Program (ASOP). Under the supervision of the DCOP the Database Administrator will be responsible working with database management systems software in order to determine the best possible way to organize and to store data. Identify ASOP userâ€™s requirement and needs and create a computer database, and test the modifications made to the database systems. The Database Administrator will also monitor the system in order to guarantee proper performance. To guarantee the proper performance, the Database Administrator must understand the platform used to run the database and must be able to add new users to the system. As such, the Database Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing system security and other security measures
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design, develop and maintain a comprehensive program for data management system.
2. Develop system for tracking all information related to ASOP activities including, profile of Shura Members, and Shura related activities.
3. Manage and maintain all entries to database.
4. Make corrections and additions to all database records, including Shura Members information and contacts.
5. Provide technical support and troubleshooting for database management system users.
6. Train ASOP team members, with varying degrees of knowledge, to use the database system effectively.
7. Train new employees on the use of Database Management System as requested and make all employees aware of database changes that affect them.
8. Oversee the preparation of data for Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports including ensuring data accuracy
9. Respond to informational requests from ASOP team members regarding Shura activites and M and E data
10. Design and maintain data security and integrity policy and procedures
1. University degree in Computer Sciences and/or Information Technology
2. Minimum 5 years database experience with hands-on database management, design and implementation.
3. Have demonstrated analytical skills and comfort with data, metrics and statistical methods
4. Excellent communication and presentation skills to deliver recommendations and finding to staff
5. Fluency in English/Dari/Pashto required.