|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 7, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan United Bank:
Afghan United Bank is a local bank, licensed by the Afghanistan Central Bank in 2007. Currently this bank has 10 branches across the country. The bank provides various banking products to its clients and customers including Islamic Banking. According to the mid-term strategy of the bank, the branch network and operation of this company will be expanded rapidly in the coming 1 year time. For more information kindly visit: www.aub.af or www.afghanunitedbank.com
To manage and monitor Oracle Database for banking applications.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Managing and monitoring Oracle Flexcube Banking application running on Oracle 11g Enterprise DB.
2. Configuring, managing, and troubleshooting Oracle Physical Data Guard.
3. Carry out basic analysis of DB logs
4. Identify issues and troubleshoot them based on criticality and priority.
5. Carry out DB optimization and Performance Tuning activities.
6. Performing Day End Operations.
â€¢ University degree or equivalent in the field of Information Technology/Computer Science.
â€¢ At least 2 yearsâ€™ experience of managing Oracle Database (preferably in a banking domain).
â€¢ Should be an OCA/OCP on at least Oracle 10g.
â€¢ Knowledge of RAC will be an added advantage.
â€¢ Experience in RMAN Backup and Restoration.
â€¢ Experience in different types of Partitioning.
â€¢ Good knowledge on EXP/IMP and EXPDP/IMPDP Utilities.