|Date Posted:||Jul 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
NETLINKS is the fastest growing IT Company in Afghanistan offering wide range of cost effective, scalable and reliable IT Solutions. The company was started a decade ago with a vision to help businesses and government improve their functions by using technology. That one-man-company has grown to 150 plus employees firm offering a wide array of services, providing solutions to more than 2800 companies.
Under the direct supervision of the Site Manager and life-Cycle Manager and in close coordination with the lead DBA, the Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the overall administration, performance monitoring and supervision, integrity, maintenance, security, migration, backup, restoration, reporting and troubleshooting of the relevant APPS system(s) at their relevant duty station(s) and/or other program site and field offices if/when deemed necessary under the scope of the program.
Provinces to travel:
- Relevant background and technical expertise in database administration and management especially PostgreSQL and other Linux based DBMs.
- Proven relevant technical capabilities complimented by good communication, coordination, team-work.
- Good analytical and problem skills complimented by creative thinking and the ability to work under pressure and in a stressful environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Closely work with the Lifecycle Manager, the Program Manager, the Site Leads and other relevant program teams and personnel to conceptualize, coordinate, communicate, and develop definition of the relevant technical needs, technical research, analysis and design of relevant databases.
- Provide on and/or Off-site assistance and support for the administration, performance tuning and optimization, integrity, maintenance, security, migration, backup, restoration, reporting and troubleshooting of the relevant APPS and system(s) at their relevant duty station(s).
- Assist and support with the planning and designing of the relevant databases/systems, features and functions and coordinate with the relevant teams and the respective clients’/users’ about their requirements and recommendations.
- Perform regular daily and other period logical and physical checkups of APPS system(s) and also perform as central coordination point for any unresolved upper tier issues between NETLINKS’ relevant technical teams and the respective client(s).
- Research, generate, review, revise and submit regular daily, weekly and monthly and other period and occasional reports from APPS system(s) as/when requested by the relevant client(s) and confirmed by the responsible supervisor(s).
- Install and upgrade the relevant database(s) and system(s) and other relevant tools and features; modify structure, maintain integrity and security and provide and coordinate performance monitoring and optimization of the relevant database(s) and system(s).
- Coordinate, plan, conduct, support and assist the regular and periodic, backup, recovery and restoration of the relevant APPS system(s).
- Coordinate, communicate, create, administer and troubleshoot user-accounts and access-control for the APPS system(s); strictly observe and follow all the program client and relevant Ministry database(s)/system(s) user-account and access-control policies and procedures including and especially SAAR forms.
- Regularly research, identify, report, coordinate, troubleshot and suggest potential fixes and improvements to the APPS system(s) and relevant policies and procedures and stay current and up-to-date with the relevant database(s) and system(s) information, changes, improvements and updates.
- Regularly and consistently monitor and report the safety, security and integrity of the relevant APPS including and especially both the active and at-rest database(s)/system(s) content, data and information.
- Prepare and train database users and other relevant staff members by conducting trainings; providing information; and resolving problems.
- Provide job related periodic, regular and/or occasional reports, updates, briefs and presentations and provide relevant information by answering questions and requests by the relevant.
- Maintain and update professional and technical knowledge by attending all relevant company educational trainings and workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Coordinate, support, assist and contributes to the relevant team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Travel to the relevant remote program sites and field-offices outside Kabul to provide all job related assistance and support if/when required and deemed necessary under the scope of the program.
- Any other relevant tasks and responsibilities assigned by the supervisor and/or the Program Manager within the program scope and context.
- Provide quality assurance of the reports and work closely with quality assurance analyst.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Provide technical suggestions and expertise in data cleansing, data mining and data storage.
- Analysis of the provided requirement and writing scripts for generating the required reports.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Proven professional track record with at-least 3 years of relevant and progressive experience as a Database Administrator (DBA) and/or Database expert.
- At least Bachelors’ degree in Information Technology (IT) and/or Computer Sciences or other relevant disciplines, preferably with a focus on database management and/or administration.