|Date Posted:||Jul 1, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 15, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Database Developing|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 7 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About GTR Group:
Grand Technology Resources - GTR is the leading Information & Communication Technology (ICT) Solution Company specialized in IT application, Infrastructure solutions and integrating technology into business strategy and business process. Here at GTR we help business, government institutions, and private organizations to gain competitive advantages and achieve their goals with our ICT Solutions & Services. Headquartered in Kabul Afghanistan, GTR was previously Malaysian-Afghan owned company, but as per the vision of our CEO and President Mr. Mirwais Alizai, the company was transferred to the Afghan-Malaysian proprietorship and currently it is a multi – million dollar industrial leader company with physical presence in Afghanistan, Malaysia, UAE and expanding. For more information on company background please visit company website at www.gtr.com.my
The Database Administrator – Oracle will be responsible for the design, implementation, support and maintenance of oracle databases at our customer sites. This role also includes architecting, building and scaling databases for future data growth and capacity. He/she will also be responsible for security, performance and availability of data to authorized users.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing and production usage.
- Perform the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases. The Database Administrator – Oracle works closely with system administration staff because computers often have applications or tools on them in addition to the Oracle Databases.
- Perform ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Install new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database.
- Plan and implement backup and recovery of the Oracle database.
- Control migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle.
- Implement and enforce security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Perform database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Put standards in place to ensure that all application design and code is produced with proper integrity, security and performance. The Database Administrator – Oracle will perform views on the design and code frequently to ensure the site standards are being adhered to.
- Evaluate releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate. Planning is also performed by the Database Administrator, along with the application developers and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Provide technical support to application development teams. The Database Administrator – Oracle is usually the point of contact for Oracle RDBMS.
- Enforce and maintain database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
- Administer all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes, views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Assist with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
- Troubleshooting of problems regarding the databases, applications and development tools.
- Create new database users as required.
- Manage sharing of resources amongist applications.
- The Database Administrator – Oracle has ultimate responsibility for the physical database design.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BCS, BS IT, MCS)
- At least five years of full-time progressive DBA experience with Oracle certifications such as OCP.
- A good knowledge of the operating system(s) particularly Solaris 10 and 11
- A good knowledge of physical database design
- Ability to perform both Oracle and operating system performance monitoring and the necessary adjustments.
- Be able to provide a strategic database direction for the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of Oracle backup and recovery scenarios.
- Good skills in all Oracle tools.
- A good knowledge of Oracle security management.
- A good knowledge of how Oracle acquires and manages resources.
- Sound knowledge of the applications at your site.
- Experience and knowledge in migrating code, database changes, data and menus through the various stages of the development life cycle.
- A good knowledge of the way Oracle enforces data integrity.
- A sound knowledge of both database and program code performance tuning.
- A DBA should possess a sound understanding of the business.
- A DBA should have sound communication skills with management, development teams, vendors, systems administrators and other related service providers.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their resumes with a cover letter and contact details, no later than July 15, 2020, mentioning the “position title” in the e-mail subject line, to Grand Technology Resources - GTR or to the below email address. Only short listed candidates will be informed.
Contact # 0093 (0) 786 592 087