|Date Posted:||Nov 19, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 2, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Database Developing|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Database Analyst will ensure IDLO’s gender/security justice work fits within Afghanistan’s programs. S/he will actively and regularly engage with members of the Gender Justice program in Kabul and other provinces, government and non-governmental partners, and other stakeholders to collaboratively carry out his/her responsibilities. The Database Analyst ensures that IDLO’s security/gender justice work fits within Afghanistan’s legal and social environment. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Country Office and success in implementation of the program and related training and legal strategies.
Provinces to travel:
· Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment;
· Good analytical skills and extensive knowledge and verifiable experience in creation, maintenance (including entering data on online databases), and management of databases.
· Code writing experience related to database development/maintenance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of MS packages. Proficient use of ICT software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Database Analyst will support the program by:
- Develop, adapt and/or upgrade a standardized database to track program activities.
- Work with institutional partners and IDLO staff to create and implement procedures that will enhance their ability to collect and track case data (from inception to closure) to maintain the case flow process.
- Mentor and train the database officers of the institutions to operate and manage an improved database system.
- Provide technical assistance to institutional database teams in upgrading their training databases.
- Support institutions in establishing the Security Incident Tracking and Coordination System/ Tools.
- Create a synchronization mechanism to migrate the provincial data into one centralized system.
- Improve information dissemination and reporting of data statistics from the database (monthly or as needed).
- Train the institutions’ database officers for improved transparency that is secure and ensure back up and general security for the databases.
- Develop weekly and quarterly reports of activities related to the Database;
- Develop monthly progress on work plan implementation as well as other reports or information requested;
- Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· A university degree in Computer Science or related field, an advanced degree would be an asset.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, Professional experience as a database developer within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization.
· Fluency in English and Dari or Pashto is required.