|Date Posted:||Dec 4, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade DAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Tetra Tech - JSSP:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle. Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions. The program has the following four sections:
- Case Management System Development
- Legislative Capacity Building
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Database Assistant (CMS)
Nationality: Local National (LN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Salary: NTA Salary Scale - Grade D
Required Clearance: VSS-A or other INL-approved vetting
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Database Assistant (CMS) position for Case Management System (CMS) section under the supervision of Team Lead, Developer (CMS).
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Experience working and drafting reports for international donor projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Fluent in Dari / Pashto and English
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the ongoing administration and upgrade of the current CMS application database to ensure that it operates in reliable manner while CMS 2.0 is developed
- Assist the JSSP application development team’s work with the US based JSSP application development teams to support the discovery process, development and implementation of the CMS 2.0 application
- Support the discovery process for CMS 2.0, including but not limited to documenting current CMS application database through Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERD)
- Assist with resolving change requests and maintenance of current CMS application database
- Assist in providing analysis reports to JSSP management and CMS staff
- Assist in providing database design requirement reports to management
- Assist JSSP application development teams in resolving database design issues and other database problems related to the current CMS application
- Assist with test modifications to database design and application programming
- Assist with quality control to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data
- Assist with application data backup and recovery
- Consistently meet the highest standards in delivery and timeliness of work products
- Prepare timely information for JSSP reports, deliverables and success stories for activities and accomplishments on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, or as otherwise assigned
- Identify needs and propose recommendations for better CMS implementation
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from JSSP Management, INL, and Tetra Tech
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience developing and implementing database applications
- Experience with data quality control and database management
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with cross-sectoral key stakeholders to ensure collaboration to meet project goals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluent in Dari/Pashto, and English
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. Applicant’s cover letter/resume must clearly describe how minimum requirements and experience are met.
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than December 14, 2019. The subject line MUST be (Database Assistant CMS - VA 19-134), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
- Updated CV
- Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.