|Date Posted:||Mar 12, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Mar 26, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About American University of Afghanistan:
Founded in 2006, the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit, nationally-accredited university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We are a dynamic university with a student population of over 1,000 students.
The AUAF’s IT/MIS department is seeking qualified candidate for full time position as Database Developer based in Kabul.
Key Outcomes Include
· Development of efficient information systems both web-based and desktop applications based on user’s requirements and restructuring existing applications.
· Cooperate in implementation of new information systems and new deployments.
· Cooperate in development of integration tools between information systems.
· Effective information system administration services shall be provided to staff, faculty and students across AUAF.
The Database Developer will be responsible for development and administration of database and information systems, troubleshooting technical problems, maintaining system security and generating reports.
The Database Developer shall ensure the smooth running of workflow and daily operations of implemented information systems. The Database Developer shall ensure that client’s expectations are met and quality services are provided. Having good communications and problem solving skills are the fundamental requirement.
Requires travel to provinces:
· High level of integrity and an evolved concept of responsibility and innovations
· Highly tuned problem-solving ability
· The incumbent shall be fluent in Dari, Pashto and English
· Shall have strong communication and problem-solving skills
· Shall have strong skills to work under pressure
· Shall have strong multi-tasking skills
· Shall be flexible to stay in the office beyond the office hours when and if required
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Develop new databases and applications based on requirements and assist in restructuring of existing systems;
· Maintain and administrate existing information systems;
· Assist in systems implementation, operations and maintenance;
· Assist in code optimization process based on requirements;
· Work on integrating third-party systems to create seamless dataflow;
· Provide technical supports to all needy destinations and diagnose relating issues;
· Assist in data analysis, reporting and dissemination processes;
· Monitor and apply off-site backup procedures;
· Assist in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues of the systems;
· Ensure staffs remained trained and effective at using the information systems;
· Document programming guidelines, manuals and procedures;
· Submit periodic (monthly/ quarterly/ annual) progress reports to the Senior MIS Manager;
· Perform other relevant tasks assigned by Senior MIS Manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor in Computer Science or Software Engineering
· Shall have at least 4 Years of relevant experience
· Extensive experience in design, development and implementation of complex database/information systems;
· Knowledge and experience of ERP systems such as Dynamics GP will be an advantage;
· Strong knowledge and experience of SQL;
· Strong knowledge and experience of SSIS and SSRS;
· Strong knowledge of web programming languages (.NET, ASP.NET CORE, C#);
· Strong knowledge of Bootstrap and Angular JS;
· Strong knowledge of Data Analysis and Business Intelligence tools.