|Date Posted:||Jul 22, 2017|
|Reference:||MoMP/Database Developer/specialist(IT Directorate)|
|Closing Date:||Aug 1, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP):
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment. It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
Should develop a complete and full-fledged MIS/Database with coordination of other database technical experts based on the requirements and specifications of Ministry of mines and petroleum
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Should develop a complete and full-fledged MIS/Database with coordination of other database technical experts based on the requirements and specifications of Ministry of mines and petroleum.
3. Should report to the MIS officer.
4. Should provide reports on upgrades and updates for the database systems.
5. Should be able to fix any kind of issue within the MIS/Database system.
6. Should write documentation on the usage of database with the coordination of MIS officer and database team members.
7. Plans database upgrades by maintaining, evaluating and improving a transaction processing model.
8. Assesses database performance by monitoring database performance.
9. Evaluating and resolving processing and programming problem.
10. Securing database application by access and control policies and procedures
11. Implementing disaster recovery procedures
12. Supports application design by contributing expertise to applications, operations and technical support teams.
13. Should update his/her self with the new database technologies and should perform the update process on the MIS/Database system deemed necessary.
14. Accomplishing the management information system and organization mission related to it by complete related tasks as needed.
15. Should coordinate with other database team members for the efficient development of MIS/Database system.
16. Should gather requirements design and develop new business logic for MIS/Database System.
17. Should perform any other task related to the aforementioned field assigned by the supervisor.
18. Managing the delivery of multiple complex simultaneous system development projects from design through release.
19. Perform the duties under the IT director and take account any other task assigned by the supervisor.
1. Have bachelor degree in IT, Computer Science and any other related field with 5 years of related professional experience or Master Degree with 4 years of related professional experience.
3. Experience in Java SE and EE is an asset.
4. Experience in designing/developing software prototypes or proofs of concepts.
5. Strong experience in different RDBMS systems like MS-SQL Server, Oracle 10g/11g/12c, MySQL
And POSGre SQL.
6. Experience with Unit testing and Test Driven Development (TDD).
7. Gathering functional requirements and developing technical specifications.
8. Experience with the software development life cycle and agile software methodologies.
9. Should have developed complete MIS/Database systems for government, non-government and international organizations.
10. Experience in development of financial management system for government organizations.
1. Ability to contribute to the design and architecture experience with agile development and programming methodologies.
2. Demonstrated ability to explain complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences.
3. Capable of understanding and contributing to the technical solution from the design through code level.
4. Strong skills in resolving defects/bugs during Quality Assurance testing, pre-production, production and post-release patches.
5. Should be creative and self-motivated.