|Date Posted:||Jun 12, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jun 27, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Based On Fund Availability|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Explosive Ordnance Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy.
DATABASE PROGRAMMING & REPORTING SPECIALIST reports to Senior MIS Officer He / she will work as database programming & reporting specialist within DMAC MIS. The duties include but are not limited to the following:
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform database programming for new and existing systems.
• Develop databases as required.
• Responsible for planning, designing, and programming of add-on databases, priority setting database, and reporting tools.
• Overall administration of national mine action database, MAPA add-on databases, and reporting tools.
• Resolve database problems, queries and error reports in an accurate and timely manner.
• Interact with team members to understand project requirements.
• Coordinate with team members to perform database programming based on MAPA requirements.
• Coordinate with other departments and develop databases, when required.
• Monitor and manage database servers, memory and space resources.
• Responsible for the installation and configuration of databases, reporting and analysis tools.
• Responsible for overall monitoring of database functionality and performance.
• Assist in planning and implementing data integration and data migration activities.
• Provide valid inputs in database architectural discussions.
• Provide programmatic guidance and support to team members when needed.
• Maintain accurate and complete database programming documentations.
• Ensuring that the database is adequately backed up and able to be recovered in the event of technical issues.
• Suggesting changes and improvements for maintenance or protection.
• Perform quality assurance tests for ensuring data integrity and quality.
• Responsible for the modification, editing, testing, and implementation of data scripts.
• Perform database requirement analysis on regular basis.
• Manage user rights and restrictions for databases.
• Perform data analysis and visualization to provide evidence-based information to DMAC management and MAPA stakeholders.
• Make customization in the national database when required.
• Code back-end stored procedures, function, and trigger on add-on databases.
• Produce reports in various formats including graphs and charts.
• Ensure the security of the data.
• Ensure that client orientation is maintained.
• Extract maps and other GIS related data from the available resources, when required.
• Overall management of the MIS section in absence of the officer in-charge.
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline.
- At least 5 years of practical experience in developing databases and/or managing and developing information management systems
- Advance skills in SQL, VB.net, and JAVA.
- Prior experience of working with relational databases.
- Knowledge of software engineering theory and application.
- Strong computer skills, familiarity with MS Office and Internet applications.
- Fluency in English, Dari, and Pashto
- Familiarity with ArcGIS
- Experience with Python & PHP
SKILL & COMPETENCIES:
- Computer (MS Office)
- Presentation skill
- Team work
- Problem solving