|Date Posted:||May 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Danish Refugee Council (DRC):
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization working in more than 30 countries throughout the world. DRC has been present in Afghanistan since the end of 2010 implementing programming that includes livelihoods, protection, emergency response and preparedness, infrastructure development, and supply chain management and logistical support to UNHCR. DRC is registered with the Government of Afghanistan through the Ministry of Economy and MoRR. DRC AFG has implemented programs funded by DANIDA, EC, ECHOP, BPRM, UNHCR and WFP supporting over 25,000 displaced families per year. DRC adopts a regional approach unifying our country programs in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran and Tajikistan around the Afghan displacement axis. This decision is built on the premise that a multi-stakeholder regional response to the massive displacement issue is required. The DRC approach is in line with UNHCR’s push for a regionally based robust and ‘Comprehensive Solutions Strategy’ (2012-2014). The four country programs strive, wherever possible, to adopt a regional approach to activities, including cross border livelihood and protection programs and coordinated emergency preparedness and response planning.
Under the direct line management of Area Program Manager, supervise the work of the Risk Education/Community Engagement teams, maintain quality of Risk Education/Community Engagement work in the field and provide support to enhance Risk Education/Community Engagement activities for reaching the project goals and objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise the overall activities of Risk Education/Community Engagement teams based in Herat province.
- Keep close coordination with the stake holders (UNHCR, IOM, DoRR and other); obtain update information about the target groups and share the information with Area (Program) Manager, RE Specialist and AVR Specialist upon receipt.
- Regularly visit and appraise the work of the MRE and AVR teams in all locations (UNHCR, IOM centers and communities), providing support and feedback. The teams in each location are to be visited at least twice in a month.
- The external QA visit reports to be shared with DRC-DDG Area (Program) Manager and RE Specialist and should provide feedback/action as instructed by line manager.
- Check all equipment and training materials of the teams for any damages to make sure the material is in working condition and provide any required equipment/material to the teams on time.
- Report the Risk Education/Community Engagement teams weekly and monthly progress to Area Program Manager and technical specialist/Coordinator in Kabul.
- Report to RO DMAC/UNMAS on any newly discovered mine accidents, incidents, SHAs, mines and UXOs.
- Ensure good communication and coordination with DMAC/UNMAS, UNHCR, IOM, local communities and local authorities.
- Make sure all MRE teams follow up DRC-DDG operational, UNHCR & IOM work plan.
- Making sure the teams have suitable space for the delivery of mine/ERW risk education sessions.
- Brief the visitors and internal/external QA with regards to MRE work and any information gathered about returnees.
- In coordination with the Community Engagement Specialist, support the overall design and implementation of the Community Engagement project components. This includes designing detailed and realistic work plan, monitoring progress of implementation.
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites and target stakeholders to facilitate implementation of planned activities.
- Provide regular and timely activity reports, and draft relevant project reports to Area Program Manager and Community Engagement Specialist.
- Ensure that the agreed upon Monitoring and Evaluation framework, and procurement plan for Community Engagement activities, is carried out according the work plan.
- Follow up on all trainings and keeping records and documentation of all training sessions of coaching sessions and effectiveness of sessions.
- Monitor that logistic procedure are being followed correctly within the assigned task.
- Participating in the DMAC and other stakeholders’ coordination meetings and updating the line manager accordingly.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned by the Area Program Manager and RE Specialist.
- Key stakeholders:
- DMAC/UNMAS RO
- UNHCR, IOM and DoRR
- Community people
- Local Authority
- Afghan Returnees
Job Location:Afghanistan, Herat
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Pashto, Dari & English – fluency
- Computer – Should know advance computer programs ex. MS Excel, MS Word and internet
Experience and technical competencies:
- 3 years of experience in the field of Risk Education.
- Basic management level
- Basic knowledge of IMSMA
- Advance Report Writing skills
- Quality Management course
- DRC-DDG will offer the successful applicant a contract till end of 2019.
- Salary and conditions will be in accordance with DRC/DDG salary scale