|Date Posted:||Jan 31, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 27, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Roshan (TDCA):
Roshan (Telecom Development Company Afghanistan Ltd) is Afghanistanâ€™s leading telecommunications provider, with coverage in over 230 cities and towns and approximately 3.5 million active subscribers. Roshan directly employs more than 1,100 people and provides indirect employment to more than 25,000 people. Since its inception six years ago, Roshan has invested approximately $430 million in Afghanistan and is the countryâ€™s single largest investor and tax payer. Roshan is deeply committed to Afghanistanâ€™s reconstruction and socio-economic development. The Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED), part of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), is a major shareholder of Roshan and promotes private initiatives and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world. Also owned in part by Monaco Telecom International (MTI) and TeliaSonera, Roshan brings international expertise to Afghanistan and is committed to the highest standards of network quality and coverage for the people of Afghanistan.
â€¢ A full time position responsible for providing clinical dental services and preventive dental care in a community health center setting for Afghanistanâ€™s largest Telecom Operator
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines.
2. Records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patientâ€™s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided. In addition the Staff Dentist shall complete referrals, data collections instruments and other records or paper works as shall be required from time to time by the corporation.
3. Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention.
4. Assists in the provision of continuing education, on-the-job training, and the orientation of health center staff as requested.
5. Designs, develops, and implements appropriate Dental Department policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards for Dental Clinics and Laboratories.
6. Participates in short and long term program planning for the Dental Department including development of goals and objectives.
7. Follows continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
8. To be responsible for emergency dental care whilst on duty.
1. Graduation from an accredited Dental School.
2. Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred
3. Clinically fluent in English a necessity; Persian, Dari or Urdu an advantage.
4. Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred
5. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required
6. Practice Management course an advantage.
7. Ability to maintain appropriate clinical privileges required.