|Date Posted:||Aug 1, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
Th location of this position is in Mandavi and Pulkhumri, Doshi, Takhar, Hirat 1and 2 Branch.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for supervising specifically the work of loan officers and replacing the branch manager during his absence in terms of administering all the activities of the branch. In collaboration with the Branch manager, s/he supervises the work of the branch employees; and assists branch manager in managing a well thought-out commercial development of the branch.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to manage staff in a challenging commercial environment, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, a good understanding of the concept, Theory and practice of Microfinance Banking.
- Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Checks the authenticity of information given in loan applications on sample at random.
- Trains and supervises the new loan officers; and advice them on various issues.
- Assists the Branch Manager in various tasks, such as managing, monitoring and supervising the branch operations (loan portfolio, savings mobilization etc.); and Manages branch liquidities.
- Manages and supervises the work of branch staff; and is in-charge of branch administration in the absence of branch manager.
- Assists BM in setting commercial objectives; and persuading staff to achieve them and constantly monitoring staff efforts to ensure their achievement.
- In collaboration with the BM manages the logistical aspects (stock of documents, stationeries, vehicles,) in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement sections.
- Assists the BM in implementing the business plan/financial projections at branch level; and authorizing expenses in line with the budget.
- In the BM’s absence, follows up of important customers as well as delinquent customers; and chairs the Branch Loan Committee; and participates in the Credit Committee.
- Responsible for staff attitude and ensuring a respectful, professional and banking values driven behavior against customers.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Baghlan, Takhar, Herat
1. Academic background in economics or Science sciences.
2. At least 5 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 2 years of it is serving managerial role.