|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About OXUS Afghanistan:
OXUS Afghanistan began operations in 2005 and currently has a portfolio of around AFN 1000 Million with an outreach of more than 24,000 customers managed through 25 branches in 10 provinces. OXUS Afghanistan is one of the main microfinance providers in the country.
The OXUS Group has been created in 2005 by ACTED, a leading international NGO operating in 35 countries. The OXUS Group provides microfinance services to around 41,914 clients in Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan with a total loan portfolio of US$ 31.9 million and a total workforce of 761 employees.
The objective of this Term of Reference (TOR) is to Define Deputy Branch Managers Responsibilities and powers in order to segregate branch duties and increase Efficiency.
The Deputy Branch manager position main objective will be:
1. Increase the efficiency.
2. Allocate more time for Branch manager for control and supervision.
3. Encourage credit managers by giving them more power and responsibility
4. Create strong backups for branch managers.
Requires travel to provinces:
Working experience in field of finance or for a banking
Duties & Responsibilities:
Role of the Deputy Branch Manager is to ensure that the branch is financially and technically sustainable and that it is efficient and providing high quality service to its clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Credit process project Assist the Branch Manager to deliver on branch Disbursement targets as agreed with the Branch Manager.
2. Shadow the Branch Manager for preparation business plan/financial projections in terms of loan disbursement, and cost management.
3. Verify all loans up to AFN 100,000 before disbursement.
4. Make regular field visits to loan clients.
5. Authorize and approve the customer transactions and credits within authority limits.
6. Follow up on important as well as delinquent customers; participate in branch loan committees.
7. Ensure full compliance with the relevant/prevailing OAF policies / procedures.
8. Accountable for mitigating branch risk and compliance with policy requirements.
9. Responsible for recovery and management of all late loans up to 30 days.
10. Deputies Branch Manager in her absence.
11. Train and providing ongoing coaching to loan officers.
Perform any other similar professional task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
a)University Degree (any country) in Business, Management, Finance/Accounting, Education, similar;
b)Minimum (03) years working experience, preferably in the field of finance or for a banking institution
c)Strong computer skills including Word, Excel;
d)Excellent communication and writing skills;
e)Strong organizational and interpersonal skills;
f)Able to work independently and in a group, willing to take initiative, and energetic;
g)Fluent in English, Dari and Pashto.