|Date Posted:||Apr 20, 2017|
|Closing Date:||May 3, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies. Since 1970, we have worked in more than 150 countries—delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from stable societies and high-growth economies to challenging environments racked by political or military conflict.
RADP-E seeks a seasoned Afghan professional for this senior-level position. Ideal candidates will have detailed knowledge of USAID program implementation in the target provinces and value chains and will be responsible for leading a multi-disciplinary team in achieving the project goals and objectives. The position is under the NTA scale (grade B) and will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan. Also, as a Key Staff position, the successful candidate must first be vetted and approved by USAID prior to any offer of employment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with the Chief of Party, on developing, managing and monitoring program staff and activities to achieve project deliverables.
- Representing RADP-E to Afghan Government, USAID and other stakeholders,
- Developing and facilitating trainings, workshops and other program related events,
- Supporting Chief of Party in the development of all required technical deliverables,
- Consulting with project partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities for project activities,
- Initiating the development of data collection and training materials for technical staff.
- Researching and writing professional quality documents, reports and proposals,
- Serve as the acting Chief of Party in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Master’s degree in agriculture, international development, or a business related field
- A minimum of seven years of progressively more responsible supervisory experience with direct leadership of professional and support staff, oversight, and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, contract/grant management
- A minimum of seven years of experience in developing and implementing agricultural projects and programs in Afghanistan and/or other Central Asian countries that have demonstrated impact, at scale
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results in a development context
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships
- A minimum of five years living or working in a developing country required; experience living and working in a conflict zone is preferred
- A minimum of five years of experience working with a USG contract
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume of work flow
- Written and spoken fluency in English required