|Date Posted:||Nov 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||6 AFN monthlyAFN|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract|
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 400 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Tetra Tech International Development Services (http://www.tetratech.com/intdev), headquartered in Arlington, VA, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party - Operations (DCOP - Operations) position on a USAID funded program in Afghanistan.
The purpose of the anticipated activity Women’s Empowerment and Civil Society is to build upon USAID’s previous women’s empowerment projects and draw key lessons learned from other civil society activities implemented in the country and well as recent national assessments. It will be a nationwide project which will work with Civil Society Organizations(CSOs) and women rights activists from across the 34 provinces of Afghanistan.
Requires travel to provinces:
The successful candidate will demonstrate effective management experience and proven experience managing complex programs in Afghanistan. Additionally, she/he should possess:
Duties & Responsibilities:
Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination and collaboration with project administrative, financial and contracts staff, the DCOP - Operations will have the primary responsibility of ensuring the timely provision and delivery of all required project’s financial management, HR, procurement, and administration while ensuring compliance with local government and Tetra Tech rules and regulations.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
* Advanced degree in accounting and finance, international development, administration, or similar field. Significant additional work experience in lieu of a master’s degree will be considered;
* Five years of experience overseeing multiple program areas simultaneously, including hiring, training and supervision of local personnel; financial management including budgeting and reporting; and logistics and procurement. Direct experience working and managing programs in Afghanistan strongly preferred;
* At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience and work experience providing contractual and financial oversight to USAID-funded projects of similar size and complexity;
* Knowledge of relevant regulations and procedures as well as work experience in post-conflict countries;
* Accounting/audit certifications highly preferred;
* Excel skills required; QuickBooks experience preferred;
* Experience with procurement required;
* Excellent organizational skills and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment;
* Detail oriented, and ability to prioritize tasks and support program implementation while ensuring adherence to required policies and protocols;
* Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Dari and Pashtu required;
* Afghan nationals and especially women are strongly encouraged to apply.